“Unlike any other steakhouse in Chicago”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #145 of 10,253 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gold Coast
Description: Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse embodies the rich tradition of the classic American steakhouse, serving USDA Prime Beef, fresh seafood and premium wines from our award-winning wine selection.
Reviewed 1 February 2017

This must be what it felt like to go out for dinner during the Gilded Age. Del Friscos Double Eagle Steakhouse is an opulently outfitted chain restaurant specializing in prime steaks and seafood with a selection of over 1,200 fine wines. It occupies three floors of the historic Esquire Theater at 58 East Oak Street on Chicago's Gold Coast. It is designed to preserve the landmark theater's historic architectural elements and create an intimate dining environment. The 47-foot-tall wine tower is a tourist attraction in itself. Diners are impressed with white linen tablecloths, large chandeliers, high-backed booths and large windows facing Oak Street. Del Friscos is an experience unlike any other steakhouse in Chicago. And it's part of a chain, like Capital Grille, Other locations are in Boston, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Denver, Las Vegas, Fort Worth, New York City and Washington, D.C. I'm glad they decided to include Chicago, even though it was a shame to lose the Esquire. Del Friscos has added traffic to the popular Oak Street shopping district for lunch and dinner. The menu features traditional fare, nothing glitzy and inventive. Start with shrimp cocktail, lobster bisque, escargot and Caesar salad. For entrees, my wife and I chose Bay of Fundy salmon with potatoes au Gratin and spinach and an eight-ounce filet mignon with mashed potatoes and sauteed wild mushrooms and pearl onions. Other options are 16-ounce ribeye, 24-ounce porterhouse, seared Chilean sea bass, filet medallions, pan roasted chicken, prime braised short rib and broiled lobster tail. Save room for dessert. You won't be disappointed. But which one? How about lemon doberge cake, six layers of cake with lemon buttercream icing and lemon glaze? Or Butterscotch pudding with salted caramel and whipped cream? Or warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce? Or coconut cream pie? Or Nutella bread pudding? Or an adult milk shake with Nocello walnut liqueur? There are many quality steakhouses in Chicago and Del Friscos is one of the very best.

1  Thank Taylor B

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

We made reservations with another couple and were seated quickly upon arrival. Our server was very friendly at first. I'm assuming not a lot of food gets sent back, but I sent my filet back. I ordered it Medium Well, and when I cut into it it was bleeding rare. When it finally came, the only thing that changed was that the outside was now burnt to a crisp. Our waiter never asked if it was ok, and when he cleaned our plates never noticed or mentioned my untouched $50 filet. I actually enjoyed the potatoes and green beans served with my steak. When our bill came, we quickly realized both couples were put on one bill. We asked if it could be split: The waiter looked at us like that was the most ridiculous thing to ask. Apparently one table=one check. He then got out his iPhone and took the total bill and divided it by 2-not exactly how you split a bill. I'm guessing we weren't the first patrons to ask for bills to be split during payment. For a $200 meal, I expect good service. I've gotten far better service at dive bars.

1  Thank bbergschneider
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Honestly the most amazing meal ever on a Saturday night. Steak was cooked perfectly. Server was incredible. Restaurant is beautiful. All around wonderful experience. A+++

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Took my 97 year old grandma here for her birthday. I was the first time to the city in 5 years. She loves being downtown but at her age, can't make it there. Anyway, for her birthday, we had to go to the best steakhouse in the city and Del Frisco lived up to the bill.

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is well located in a very upmarket area of Chicago.
The restaurant is very trendy and modern.
They have the most amazing wine room made out of glass in the middle of the restaurant atrium which rises 3 floors high.
Very impressive and a great centre piece if you love fine wine.

The steak and wine here as in the rest of the chain are top quality.
A,ways very expensive though so don't come here if you are on a budget.
Lovely upmarket vibe.