“NO REGRETS!!!”

AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Ranked #61 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 26 October 2017

let's start with making the reservation... I called over the phone to verify my reservation and I talked with Patricia, she was very polite and her voice sounded so cheery. she said she'll have my room ready as expected.. and so she did! I got there, 2 ladies checked us in, Krizzia and Hercel, who are very accommodating, gave me all the infos i needed. my friends was very impressed. we roam around before going to the room, turns out theres pool area, fitness center, a bar.. it was perfect. and The room was so amazing! very comfy, I slept very good! i almost didnt got out of bed. We got up like 8am to eat breakfast, Liza was attentive and was always smiling, I think it was really cool, cause it attracts positive vibes in the morning! overall it was a great experience for a 2 nights stay at a very decent price including a healthy and filling breakfast.. the employees are very helpful, from housekeepers to frontdesk. we would definitely check-in here again if go back to chicago!!

Room Tip: walk-in showers are amazing!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Queli P
Sara D, Manager at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you for your recent stay here at the AC Hotel Downtown Chicago and taking the time to complete a review regarding the hotel. Your kind gestures will be shared with the appropriate team.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,555)

Reviewed 26 October 2017

First, I'm clearly not in their target demo, which appears to be folks no older than 35. I wouldn't call this a hipster hotel, but it's a European brand which is looking to attract the younger crowd to the Marriott brand.

Stayed here primarily because of the $89 AAA rate I found on the Marriott app, when all of the other Marriott and Hilton brand properties nearby were at least $160. Thought it was a mistake, but they honored it without saying a word.

The room was a decent size for a downtown location - certainly not a broom closet. King bed and a couch, plus a desk. But only two small drawers, and a rack with some hangers (no closet). Mini-fridge was handy. Bed was comfortable and as far as noise it was no worse than anywhere downtown.

Here's the really unique part: No lock on the bathroom door. Doesn't event latch. I'm told this is the newest fad in Europe, but I'm really not ready for that here. Shower stall only - no tub - but hot water and pressure were fine.

While check in and out were efficient, one night the room key didn't work. Had to return to the lobby where the one clerk on duty scrambled to deal with the three people in front of me. Ten minutes later I received a new card. Unacceptable, and on check out when asked how everything was, I mentioned this. "Sorry," I was told, and that was that. Guess you can't have everything for $89.

No breakfast included. Walk over to the Jewel-Osco supermarket at State & Grand where they've got everything you want, including fresh fruit and great blueberry muffins. There's also a 7-Eleven on State near Erie.

Location is an easy walk from the Loop and the Red Line Grand station.

Overall, I'd return for $89. For $160 can do a lot better.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time in completing a review and stay at our hotel during your recent stay at the AC Hotel Downtown Chicago. We do apologize for falling short of our goal in creating a memorable experience. The following matters will be addressed to the appropriate team directly.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Me and my friends stayed here last Sept 22 to Sept 24, 2017, We had a blast it was really a nice experience, We got our room on the 8th floor with a nice view of the city, the room was very clean and if you need something they will deliver it right away, thanks to doriz. Also the breakfast area was really a bomb, good food and nice view, lyza and the latin guy who always cooked our cazuela are very accommodating. They really have awesome staffs, they are so welcoming and they always smile which is a good point if you are working in a hotel industry, I would like to shout out Krizzia, Patricia, and larry. They made our chicago experienced extra extra. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hazel E

Thank you for choosing the AC Hotel Downtown Chicago for you recent stay and taking the time in completing a review on our hotel. All kind gestures will be discussed with the appropriate teams.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel was worth booking through hoteltonight app. I came in last minute after a late flight and they accommodated my stay so quickly! Mr. Delano and Mr. Tampa were so helpful in booking and accommodating my stay! Friendly and recommended amazing breakfast places. Very welcoming! Great location and such clean rooms! ! Definitely will stay here again!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Great hotel! Excellent room and bed. Good gym, excellent location. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast is not included and there is no concierge lounge but they gave me a $10 credit for food. The breakfast was ok. Overall, great hotel.

Stayed: October 2017