“Very good Italian in the heart of the city”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 10,732 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Transit: 2 blocks west of the Grand Red Line Stop.
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I was in Chicago at Northwestern Hospital with friends. After a very long day, we were looking for a nice meal before driving home. We had been to Maggiano's before and had never been disappointed. The food is very good. I particularly enjoy the chicken parm and the fettucini alfredo. The tira misu is wonderful. The food may be surpassed by the service. Service is excellent, accommodating and friendly. We were seated right by a window overlooking Clark Street, and enjoyed watching the people passing by. Valet parking is offered for a modest fee, and is very convenient. Overall prices seem very reasonable for the quality of the dining experience.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Maggiano's had tables sitting on the sidewalk and the beautiful evening was too nice to be indoors. The restaurant had gotten some nice reviews, and I wanted to see if one of my favourite Italian meals was on offer -- Veal Saltimbocca.

Sadly, there was no veal saltimbocca on offer, but chicken saltimbocca was available. I had a fixation on this dish, and so accepted the substitution of chicken for veal. I was happy with my main course, though I would have preferred a bit more sage on the chicken, more prosciutto, and less cheese. Still the flavour was nice.

I had ordered a spinach salad which was quite nice, and the waitress allowed me to substitute asparagus for the spaghetti which normally comes with this meal.

Real Italian -- no, clearly not. But, the waitress was very helpful, the portion generous, the wine was not expensive, and the food was nice. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful waitress for starters. The food was amazing. We had the cheese ravioli and chicken parmesan. Flavors tasted very fresh!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Not bad, not particularly good. If you happen to be around, than it might an option... but I wouldn't leave my house specially to go to Maggiano's.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

This place was okay. The waitress was nice and attentive but not super friendly. They didn't have deep dish pizza either but desserts were to die for!