“A little bit lack lustre”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #203 of 10,215 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Transit: 2 blocks west of the Grand Red Line Stop.
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I can’t honestly believe I’m saying that after experiencing their Orlando branch on several occasions but the service just fell slightly short. A bit chaotic and just not very smiley

This is the original branch of Maggianos so I had high hopes, and the standard of food was excellent. I had regular bruschetta which was very tasty and made with high quality fresh ingredients and the linguine de mare which was just lovely.

Sadly the slightly nonchalant service and the overlap delivery of mains with starters (starters took a while, mains came out 10 mins later and we’d barely finished, no room on table for fresh food being delivered) just took the edge off one of my go-to upmarket chain offerings in the US.

Looks like this branch is just more lack lustre than its Orlando sister

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I want to be fair and say that the people I was with enjoyed their food which is reflected in my score. My food was terrible and so I would have rated lower in isolation. I ordered a bruschetta starter. It was one tiny piece of French bread. Again, to be fair, the waiter had asked if I wanted 'one' but I thought he meant one portion rather than one little piece so possibly my fault or misunderstanding. The other starters were enormous. The main course came way before my friends had finished their starters. The waiter offered to send them back to the kitchen but nobody wants warmed up food and so we went with it. Everybody else enjoyed their mains but unfortunately mine was inedible. It was supposed to be pasta with vegetables. There was no sauce at all. Just penne swimming in water with a few carrots and zucchini thrown in. Probably the worst meal I have ever been served. To say it was tasteless is being kind. To be fair once more, the waiter offered to replace it and when I declined he took it off the bill. Maybe they are comfortable serving traditional cheesy/creamy type Italian meals but less comfortable creating tasty meals without meat or dairy. That said, we had checked in with them in advance. Maybe I was just unlucky on the day. I wouldn't go back though my friends probably would - without me!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Service was very good and the atmosphere was nice. I was there with my wife and both requested pastas as main dish, both agreed that quality was not good, sauce Alfredo was not exactly as original one. The exception was the dessert, we share a tiramisu which was extremely good. Price is high as usual at that area of Chicago

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

This is a must every time we visit Chicago!! Delicious food, great speedy service, decent prices, and always a warm welcome. The servers really take the time to explain a dish if needed. Very kid friendly, but intimate at the same time. They cater the allergy needs. If you’re going on a weekend, make reservations. P/S......Tiramisu to die for!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Brand name, modest prices, and forgettable food. Chicago offers so many culinary delights, so why bother with Maggiano's? If you like a quick and rather boring eat, Maggiono's will do. There are other options in the similar price range.

Been to Maggiano's Little Italy? Share your experiences!