“Best gyros in Chicago”

Franksville
Ranked #2,254 of 10,216 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Franksville dates to the 1960s and it made its reputation as one of the top 10 hot dog stands in Chicago. So who would think that the popular fast-food joint at 3550 North Harlem Avenue, at the corner of Harlem and Addison, in Elmwood Park, would produce the best-tasting gyros in town? That's right, gyros. Franksville's gyros ranks with Athenian Room, Greektown gyros and Mr. Greek gyros as the best in Chicago, according to one food survey. I'm more into Chicago-style hot dogs and chili dogs than gyros. But if I could take a liking to catfish and broccoli, I can go gyros, right? I've learned to appreciate the Greek sandwich, especially with pork and veal and beef and chicken and feta cheese on pita bread. Franksville has every kind of sandwich that a fast foodie would enjoy...hot dogs, double cheeseburgers, Italian beef, fish, Polish sausage, steak, tuna salad, gyros, chili dogs, foot-long hot dogs, grilled cheese, corn dogs, chicken breast. But if you're really hungry and more time than it takes to swallow a hot dog, Franksville's dinners are highly recommended. Try the BBQ chicken, Grecian chicken, a full slab of baby back ribs, shrimp basket, fried perch or beer batter cod fish. Wash it all down with root beer or lemonade or a chocolate milk shake. It's a whole lot more than just a hot dog stand.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Place is great ..awesome food and good prices ...ordered my food and was out the door in ten minutes ..fast service ...just wasn't really impressed with the extra charge for hot peppers for my Italian beef .... Should be included...

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Best gyro I have eaten in my life. They don't skimp on the portion size either. Definitely going back next time I am in Chicago.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

My family loves the hot dogs, I loved my grilled cheese. There were several other vegetarian choices. We have been here several times and also experience consistent quick service and good food. Reasonable prices too!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Great gyros and ribs one of my first stops when I am in Chicago.Place has been around for years with the same owners.

1  Thank Richard H

Been to Franksville? Share your experiences!