“Slow service, good pizza”
Review of Pequods Pizza

Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was my kids first time trying chicago style deep dish pizza. The cheese crust is what brought me here to give them a deep dish experience. We got a sausage, pepperoni pizza. The sausage is very good. The cheese crust was the reason I choose this place and I was not disappointed. Wanted the cheese crust with every bite. The service was a little slow. We were greeted and seated right away but our waitress didn't show for 15 mins. We had to ask the bartender where or who was our waiter/ waitress. Other than that ordeal, everything was good.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a work group of 15 in Chicago from all over the country and decided to do a deep dish night at Pequods. The restaurant took the reservation and while there was a bit of confusion on arrival handled it well and we were seated quickly. We had a selection of apps- go for the wings- salads and pizza. We decided to get a selection of regular and deep dish. The pizzas are plentiful so order for 2 slices per person- particularly for deep dish! The pies were great! The debate on the “best deep dish” is never ending - but you won’t go wrong here.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First time-pizza burnt-they replaced, but we waited another 40 minutes....second time-we picked up early-and it was cold. Third time-we arrived on time and we were told almost 25 more minutes. In a small city with a brand new pizza place-Morettis around the corner-they need to get it together. It’s great pizza if you can get it hot, not burnt, and on time. Not worth the aggravation-very hit or miss. Not a great way to run a business.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Would say its Deep Dish is very different from the rest! Love the caramelized crust. Thinking of it it's making me hungry a little right now!

Got some salad while waiting and would say we the pizza did not take too long.

Definitely got lucky with seating would recommend making a reservation. We didn't but it was pack after we came in.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was our second trip to Pequods and I expect many, many more!

When visiting Chicago, I try to make time for my family to stop at this neighborhood pizza place. There is something about the crust that sets in apart from all others in Chicago. They say it is in the long time seasoning of their pizza pans. The crust is light and yet is caramelized with a sweet-crunchy finish.

This trip we were able to take advantage of their special lunch offer. A personal pizza and soft drink for under $5 - a real bargain and everyone got what they wanted.

I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank ServiceMatters86