“average food and overpriced margaritas.”

Don Juan's Restaurante
Ranked #1,202 of 10,802 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Edison Park
Cross street: N Oshkosh Ave
Transit: CTA Bus: 68-Northwest Hwy. Metra Train: Union Pacific Northwest Line, Edison Park stop
Reviewed 31 May 2016

For the price you pay, the margaritas are very small. No complaints on the food. It was decent, but nothing to write home about. The guacamole was delicious though -very flavorful. It also wasn't very busy - I felt awkward being one of the only tables in the restaurant for a Friday night.

Reviewed 16 January 2016

Our large group received excellent service. The food was above average overall after enjoying guacamole appetizers and plenty of chips and salsa. The pitchers of margaritas helped but do yourself a favor and get the ones with better quality tequila. This is a neighborhood place near the Metra line and fits in like a comfortable shoe. We were glad we arrived early because before long every table was occupied.

Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

I am surprised to see this considered upscale Mexican. The prices qualify as upscale but the food beginning with the overcooked chips and salsa was far below expectations. The chips and salsa were pretty bland and the spicy salsa wasn't the least bit spicy. We ordered our entrees and waited a long time for our food. When it finally came out it was mostly cold. Fajitas are usually brought out sizzling hot, but they were warm at best. My flautas with shrimp tasted pretty fishy and overly crisp, the flavors were just off and I couldn't finish the dish. Rice and beans with the dishes were all cold and dry. I don't think anyone in the party was happy with their meal especially for the price and the wait. Not sure if this was an off night but it was not very good across the board in my experience.

Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

A friend and I eat here. We both had the carna asada. His was well mine was medium. We both complained that the steaks were very tough to chew and cut. Spoke to the staff. They made excues and sent us desert. My friend said he at there years ago and food was good. Both of us were disappointed this time.

The steaks and salsas I felt lacked any flavor. Would not likely come back.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

We used eat there years ago and we went to see if things were the same

The food was just ok nothing at all special I would say rather bland.
There was a party of six who were very very loud and disrupting the rest of the restaurant . Not onetime did any manager or the waiter go to the table and ask them to keep it down.
I thought that was very rude to the other diners.

Been to Don Juan's Restaurante? Share your experiences!