“Best in the City? Possibly!”

RoSal's Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
RoSal's Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #441 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$22 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: University Village / Little Italy
Cross street: Racine
Description: Celebrating 27 years in the neighborhood! RoSal's is about wonderful Sicilian food served in abundant portions. About remembering the sounds, aroma & flavors of the "old neighborhood". About a way of life for people who really appreciate their food & have come to expect great varieties of pasta, fish, cheese, meat and breads. The same variety and quality that make a journey through Italy & through RoSal's Italian Kitchen so rewarding. Please join our family for dinner or book a private party. We look forward to meeting you!
Reviewed 23 January 2017

First of all, I'm not a fan of most white sauces

Second of all, I cannot go to RoSal's and *not* get the Fried Ravioli.

I was kind of in a rush on Saturday and that's primarily why I picked RoSal's over Francesca's. The staff here is always great, accommodating, and respectful of the fact I was starving and in a rush. We were in-and-out in about an hour, had a couple of drinks, the ravioli and lasagna.

Their Sauce: If you haven't had their sauce, stop reading this review right now, go down to Taylor St. and go eat there. By then, you won't even need this review and RoSal's will likely be your favorite restaurant in the City.

It's not the most well known spot however, so if you're mostly out to See and Be Seen, this might not be your best bet.

CyndiJoe, Owner at RoSal's Italian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Not sure how I missed this amazing review so I apologize for not responding sooner! Thank you so very much! Being a small family owned restaurant, we try hard to get it all right, so you return, share the news & bring friends!

Reviewed 23 November 2016

RoSal's is absolutely delicious from the appetizers to entrees. The sausage and peppers are a must and the zuppa de mare is my favorite. I have had the veal dishes, chicken dishes and many pastas. There is not one meal that dies not surpass expectations.
The service is always great and Joe the owner is friendly, hands-on, and always happy to share a great story!

Cyndi F, Owner at RoSal's Italian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thank you so much! We are so glad you enjoyed everything from the appetizers to your entrees! We hope you have an opportunity in the near future to visit us again!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

RoSals is my go to place in "Little Italy". The atmosphere is almost as great as the food! The "fried ravioli" is a must!

RoSalsTaylor, Owner at RoSal's Italian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Thank you Crystal! I appreciate your positive feedback about your dining experience! We do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs the best way we can and appreciate you choosing RoSal's when in the city!

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

The food here was excellent. A stop here is definitely worth it. I was there with 3 other people and each of their meals was as good as my own. The service was a little slow, but once the food arrived the wait was the last thing on my mind. Will visit again.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

Growing up in Chicago means you should become best friends with Italian food and the restaurants that serve it. This was our visit to RoSal's. We received a warm and welcoming greeting and immediately felt "at home". We were seated upstairs which seems to be geared for parties of 4 or more or if a quiet atmosphere is your preference.
I do not want to create a long review...highlights: Food was very very good. Service: Slow and a bit lacking..drinks took a bit to arrive, 1 of 2 appetizers was sent to "the wrong table" took min of 20 minutes to then have it delivered. It was over done and tough (grilled calamari). With that said...Dinner was great. All meals fabulous. Likely it was staffing issue and that was a glitch...we will return. Just calling it as we experienced it. Give it a try....you make the call.

RoSalsTaylor, Owner at RoSal's Italian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Kim thank you for sharing your dining experience with us; we appreciate the feedback. While we are thrilled you enjoyed your dinners, we are sorry that the service that evening was lacking. We will make sure to work on this with our staff and appreciate the confidence you put in us to return with your friends and family! We do look forward to serving you again!