“Love it!”

Francesca's On Taylor
Reserve with OpenTable
Francesca's On Taylor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #424 of 10,734 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: University Village / Little Italy
Cross street: Loomis
Transit: Blue Line Harrison/Racine stop
Description: Francesca's on Taylor features the zesty, earthy cuisine of Rome and the surrounding areas of Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio. Chicago Magazine notes, "It brings a new kind of abbondanza to an old Italian neighborhood." It is the fourth restaurant opened by Chef Scott Harris, whose philosophy is to encourage the lively art of dining with a contemporary, casually sophisticated trattoria ambiance, good, rustic cooking, friendly service and fair prices. Anne Spiselman of Crain's Chicago Business observes: "A rolled-mesh ceiling, warm woods and geometric light fixtures give the room a rather clubby look, brightened during the day by light coming through the windows facing the street. And, Francesca's on Taylor takes reservations. "No, it does more; it honors reservations. Twice I made reservations, twice I walked into a packed dining room, and twice I was seated within 10 minutes," notes respected Chicago Tribune food critic Phil Vettel who claims this to be his favorite Francesca restaurant.
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

This is a wonderful Italian spot on Taylor (close to Rush Medical Center if you are in Chicago for that). Our dinner was fantastic but what sets this apart was the truly great and friendly service. Make this a priority!

Reviewed 25 December 2017

The food is very good but the service was annoying. Too many people stopping at the table asking if things were OK, looking to take an order, taking things away or bringing them. It’s overkill, and there’s no one person focusing on the table. Instead you get people asking the same thing over and over and also interrupting conversation. Also, in an Italian restaurant, the staff should know how to pronounce the names of the items properly.

2  Thank irishmist1
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Francesca's on Taylor
We were two flight attendants from Toronto who went to Chicago for only 24hours, just to visit and take it relax. It was around 6pm, we looked for a great dinner place near us and found Francesca's; their menu looked delicious. We arrived there and instantly loved the ambiance.Ceasar and all the waiters were really calm, good vibrations and extremely attentive. I ordered the Linguine Arlecchino and it was honestly the best seafood and pasta plate I have ever eaten, even better than the one I found incredibly good in Venice! I was also amazed by the big portion but almost ate everything! I found it hard to waist some but I was completely full. When one of the servers arrived with a good looking tiramisu and two profiteroles, I said "Oh I think you have the wrong table.." and he responded "No..I don't think so!", my friend and I looked at each other and he continued "These are deserts offered by the house, it is from Ceasar over there!" .That was La crème de La crème! We were speechless and deeply touched.
Like I said, I was 100% full but I still couldn't leave those in the plate! Even the deserts were delicious and we were so happy and grateful about our choice! We would definitely recommend the place and will do the road again to eat at Francesca's on Taylor. I'm also sure the other restaurants from FRG are a pleasure for our taste buds and will try them whenever I get the chance! Thank you again for this beautiful experience in Chicago!

1  Thank W7770UQchrisf
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Delivers authentic Italian food and service for a chain restaurant. Our pasta and wine were a homerun

1  Thank Grace K
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Food was terrific. Had seafood linguine with plenty of large shrimp. Calamari was cooked perfectly, sauces were great. Tiramisu and profiteroles for dessert were very nice also. Benefit of this restaurant being on Taylor Street is that there is actually some street parking available for $2/hour.