“Delicious ”

Francesca's On Taylor
Reserve with OpenTable
Francesca's On Taylor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #458 of 10,213 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: University Village / Little Italy
Cross street: Loomis
Transit: Blue Line Harrison/Racine stop
Description: Francesca's on Taylor features the zesty, earthy cuisine of Rome and the surrounding areas of Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio. Chicago Magazine notes, "It brings a new kind of abbondanza to an old Italian neighborhood." It is the fourth restaurant opened by Chef Scott Harris, whose philosophy is to encourage the lively art of dining with a contemporary, casually sophisticated trattoria ambiance, good, rustic cooking, friendly service and fair prices. Anne Spiselman of Crain's Chicago Business observes: "A rolled-mesh ceiling, warm woods and geometric light fixtures give the room a rather clubby look, brightened during the day by light coming through the windows facing the street. And, Francesca's on Taylor takes reservations. "No, it does more; it honors reservations. Twice I made reservations, twice I walked into a packed dining room, and twice I was seated within 10 minutes," notes respected Chicago Tribune food critic Phil Vettel who claims this to be his favorite Francesca restaurant.
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Food was terrific. Had seafood linguine with plenty of large shrimp. Calamari was cooked perfectly, sauces were great. Tiramisu and profiteroles for dessert were very nice also. Benefit of this restaurant being on Taylor Street is that there is actually some street parking available for $2/hour.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We love Francesca's! My husband and I have been going to Francesca's for years. Recently (last year or so) they have added Thursday night live music with an AMAZING jazz combo. If you are a martini lover you can't beat the combination. Most importantly, the chef is flexible. Don't want brocolli in a dish--no problem. Luke (on the bar), Kim (assistant manager) and Nicole (Manager) make this the "home cooked restaurant" I wish I had owned. Top drawer service. Amazing cuisine (special dietary needs no problem) and a warm feeling of "welcome back". Can't say enough about this team, the cuisine or the entire staff. You won't be disappointed. I take all my favorite clients here--and my girlfriends and I love to catch up at the bar. Brava!

1  Thank Carolina J
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Opposite Davanti on Taylor Street is sister restaurant Francesca's. Good food, good service, good location. One does not leave Taylor Street unhappy.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Stopped in here during Festa Italiana last weekend. We had the tortellini at the outside booth so went inside to order and enjoy the A/C.
The dish was not even on the menu which was extremely odd.
We were able to order it and they did not disappoint.
Chicken Ceasar salad was very good and fresh.
They had an amazing cocktail called Cucumber Berry Collins which was a little light on the booze but very delicious.
Hostess was super friendly and nice as well.
Pasta + Salad + 2 cocktails = $58

Reviewed 21 August 2017

After being treated horribly at Rosebud down the street, we thought we'd give Francesca's a try. So glad we did! We were treated like gold. They really value their customers and the service was excellent. They change their menu monthly so it's always a new experience. Try the sauteed calamari before they're gone; mouth-watering delight! We went there two nights in a row during Festa Italiana and loved it. We told the manager about the horrible experience we had at Rosebud (the manager gave us the finger!) and the manager at Francesca's sent over a complimentary dessert. We were not expecting that; we just wanted to tell them how valued they made us feel as customers. If you want the best customer experience on Taylor Street, Francesca's is a must.