“Supreem Chicken Vesuvio”

Rosebud on Rush
Ranked #125 of 10,254 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Superior
Transit: The Red Line's Chicago stop is .2 mile to the North West.
Description: Just a block from the famed Magnificent Mile, Rosebud On Rush is the perfect setting for the harmonious Rosebud dishes served here. From our handmade Pappardelle, Cavatelli, and renowned Rosebud classics, to our signature cocktails and world-class service, few other restaurants offer the dynamic energy and big flavors of Rosebud On Rush. Close to Chicago's finest hotels and the renowned shops of Michigan Avenue, Rosebud on Rush attracts locals, tourists, shoppers, and some of the world's biggest stars. Join us and discover why.
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Rosebud made a fine Chicago-style chicken Vesuvio, peas and potato wedges included. They also have a fine by the bottle wine selection. The waitstaff is exceptionally attentive and efficient.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,225)

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

6.12.18

Here for 50th anniversary of NEOCON and stopped at RB on Rush which I have been coming to for 20 years with my entire family.

Here is the review:

Bread 3/5 not a top grade Italian bread

Beer Moretti 4.5/5

Pappardelle with Bolognese 5/5

Chicken Parm 5/5

Grated Cheese 5/5 a Cheese like Parm but not aged as long it was wonderful just don’t recall the name

Spumoni 4.5/5 not as good as Homers

Cannoli 3/5

Salad Antipasto Style Special by the chef 4.75/5

Overall 4/5 and again the bread was disappointing, they have much better Italian bread in Chicago than this bread tonight.

the Doctor Hit me with some BIG LOVE ❤️ and a helpful VOTE!

1  Thank DoctorVonCueBall
Reviewed 10 June 2018

We were a group of 9 for dinner and I can't say enough. First, when we arrived the front staff were friendly and helpful. The owner/manager came by several times to make sure everything was ok and that we were enjoying ourselves. The food was awesome and everyone enjoyed their entrees.. I had the special, pasta with a tomato cream sauce with lobster, shrimp and spinach. It was delicious. I would absolutely go back on my next trip.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We visit Chicago once a year and Rosebud on Rush is the first stop for dinner. Outstanding home style Italian food in a fun atmosphere and great location. Really nice patio with heaters in case it is a bit cool. Waiter staff is attentive and friendly. It feels upscale with the white table cloths and crisply dressed waiters but the feeling is warm and welcoming. It is in a very old building and can become loud and did but it was because everyone was having such a good time. Reasonable prices and numerous wine options.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

My Italian husband claims this is the best place in Chicago for Italian dishes. Loved their marinara sauce. He enjoyed rigatoni with meatballs. I was disappointed in the Chicken parmigiana. It was tough to cut and smothered in too much cheese and sauce. The portion was HUGE. It would have fed three people. What a waste! However, we both loved the fresh and colorful house salad.

I recommend sitting outside if possible. Get the pasta.