“AMAZING for couples ”

Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

I love the atmosphere. It’s low light with beautiful wood accents throughout the restaurant. This place is a VERY romantic spot and is a great spot for couples. Our table over looked Michigan Ave, which was pretty cool and just added to our experience. Our waiter could not have been better. His customer service was excellent and he had a positive attitude and you can tell he wanted to be there. For my meal I ordered their hamburger and fries. The hamburger was amazing and so big I couldn’t even finish my fries. One of the best things about this place is the live nightly jazz. It puts you in a nice vibe/mood. A couple of things I recommend is one, making a reservation. I read that this place can get busy and having been there I can see how. Second, check the dining guidelines on their website. There is a few things they don’t recommend. a couple are small children and large groups. Lastly, follow their dress code. It’s not bad, but you don’t want to get all the way there and be turned away because of what you are wearing.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,481)

Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

One of our favorite downtown dining options. For lunch, we had salads which were creative and filling and a banana coconut creme pie that was to die for. Noticed that they had nightly Jazz playing. We will have to come back again to sample the evening menu and the music.

Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

Bandera is a warm and trendy spot serving good food, jazz, and great service in the heart of everything on Michigan Avenue. Whether dining out for business or pleasure or just popping in for a drink at the bar, you will feel welcome and find a nice menu at affordable prices. Solo diners can sit at the bar and have a great time listening to upbeat jazz, watching the game on the bar TV’s, or people-watching. Always solid, always welcoming, and always great service at the bar.

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Had a great meal. Sat at the chef’s table and it was a fantastic experience. Best French dip sandwich I have ever had.

Reviewed 11 November 2018

Bandera is across the street from the Marriott downtown. We had a very nice Sunday lunch there with friends.
Friendly and efficient staff and not noisy so we could all talk.When in Chicago, drop by there. Also they have a nice bar.

Date of visit: September 2018