“Chicago Deep Dish!”

Ranked #168 of 10,173 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It has been several years since I was at the Rush Street location. Since then, it has been expanded and clean up nicely. We were a group of 10, seated upstairs without a wait around 5:30 pm. As with almost all deep dish places, the pizza takes a long time to cook, so be patient!

We started with a salad and drinks. It ended up taking more than an hour to get our food (hence the 4 instead of 5 rating) because our food got lost in the shuffle of an even bigger party. That happens, of course, but when the pizza came out like warm, that meant the restaurant had gotten really backed up. The manager handled it pretty quickly, but it was still a long time.

In addition to deep dish, the kids ordered kids thin crust pies, and other family member ordered pasta that they really liked.

Ultimately, I would absolutely return, as their pizza is really very good b

Write a ReviewReviews (7,689)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went to the location on Rush Street and they have renovated since we were there before. Lots of room and great pizza!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch on a business trip with my group. We all got a personal deep dish pizza lunch special. I've never had deep dish pizza before, and it's different but DELICIOUS!! I would definitely return to Giordano's on my next trip!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We did not have a good experience here. Thick Crust Pizza is really pizza pot pie. If this turns your crank you are in the right place.

I will be staying “thin for the win”

The calamari was tasty and our waitress was excellent.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Try the pizza! Why else would you go here! It lives up to its hype as a Chicago original. Just be aware that if you order a Chicago style pizza (and why wouldn’t you!?) it takes about 45 minutes to prepare. Ask for a seat near the kitchen window to watch the pizza artists at work!

Been to Giordano's? Share your experiences!