“Great hotel, especially for business/trade shows”

Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Ranked #40 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We had over 150 room nights with our group there in late January, 2012 and it was great. It marked the fourth event we've had at the Courtyard and they've been awesome. Would highly recommend them, especially if you are in town for a tradeshow. But, I've stayed there non-work as well and the treatment was the same.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms across the elevator if possible.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ray s
Director_of_Sales_CY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful recommendation Ray! We are always delighted to accommodate your group! I am very glad that you have also received the same treatment when staying at our hotel for other trips as well. Thank you again for your business and we look forward to working together in the future!

Reviewed 3 February 2012

My sister and I frequently stay here for a few days' "escape." I live in the suburbs and she lives downstate, so we meet here to shop, talk, eat, maybe drink a little, and laugh a lot. The location is perfect. We can walk Michigan Ave. north and south to great shops and excellent restaurants. On our last visit, Neil, our valet, and the front desk staff could not have been more helpful! The service is excellent, the rooms are large and attractive, and the restaurant/bar is also outstanding. We definitely recommend this hotel as a top-notch place to stay in the city. If they sold rooms as condos, we would buy one!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Director_of_Sales_CY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you so much for the glowing review! We are glad you and your sister have enjoyed your stays with us. We love our location as it is so easy to shop, talk, eat, or drink a little - in or around our hotel! We strive to exceed our guest expectations, especially when it comes to overall service. Thank you for the acknowledgment regarding Neil; he truly is an asset to our organization. We look forward to accommodating your next trip!

Reviewed 1 February 2012

I recently spent six days in Chicago for business/pleasure mix. The hotel service was fantastic! The onsite restaurant has a good menu, reasonably priced, with a breakfast buffet. Workout room was nice, never crowded, and I felt secure during my stay. The room blocked most of the noise, as I slept really well. There is a hospital three blocks away, so there are quite a few sirens, but not enough that I wouldn't stay here again. The only drawback was that my toilet would not flush properly, but maintenance fixed it quickly. Great follow up after my stay as well.

Room Tip: Corner room upper floors - very scenic and less hallway noise
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jennifer K
Director_of_Sales_CY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Thank you for the wonderful compliments about our hotel! I am so glad our service exceeded your expectations, especially our follow up time. Viand, our restaurant on site, is a great deal for downtown Chicago, basically on Michigan Ave. We look forward to hosting your next stay in downtown Chicago!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed here for three nights for a series of business meetings. I found the hotel to be excellent in every department. I highly recommend it for business meetings, as the facilities and service was fantastic. The bedrooms were also spacious and very comfortable. Reception staff were attentive, and the location of the hotel was superb. I would definitely use this hotel again and it comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: Higher up means less traffic noise
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for the great compliments about our hotel! We love our location - both our guests and team members! I really appreciate that you noticed the size of the guestroom, we have one of the largest square footage standard guestrooms in the downtown area. Please let us know in the Sales department if we can accommodate your next business meeting, as we have plenty of meeting space on our property as well.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I recently stayed at the Courtyard Magnificent Mile for a girls shopping trip. The rooms were recently remodeled, comfortable and very clean. The service was wonderful! The entire staff was friendly and helpful. Kudos to Neil, our valet. He made our stay perfect.

There is a Starbucks right off the lobby for convenient coffee in the morning. Garrett's popcorn is next door-a must if you haven't tried it. The Corner Bakery is a block away for a good, inexpensive breakfast or lunch. Try Francesca's on Chestnut for some wonderful Italian.

The location is mid-Magnificent Mile and convenient to Nordstrom & the Bridge Shops as well as the Gold Goast & Watertower Place.

I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Join Marriott Rewards for room upgrades.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mingo05

Thank you for the lovely comments about our hotel! We are thankful to have Neil on our team and I will make sure his boss hear's you comments. I'm glad you and your friends enjoyed the location of our hotel - sometimes the location of the hotel can make or break any trip. We look forward to hosting your next stay!