1,326 results
All reviews club quarters trump tower great location purified water chicago river rooms are small river view wacker drive the loop queen bed stay there again the magnificent mile restaurant downstairs bigger room coffee machine michigan avenue walking distance
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Left my jacket in the closet after check out. When I called to let them know they gave me the runaround. Never got it back. I called several times to speak with management but never had success. I was told to speak with house keeping but never got a return call back. I called again and spoke with someone at front desk and was asked to call management again and that the housekeeper went home for the day. Never got a call back from anyone. I must Have called 11 times each time was asked to give a description of the jacket and was told something different evrytime.
One employee told me they would look in lost and found but never got back to me. I went there several times and was told to call tomorrow. They just gave me the runaround.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank micrm3
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

My experience in this hotel was perfect! Rooms are clean, well-appointed, not so big but privided of all comforts (Tv, coffee machine, bathroom, and free wifi). In each floor, near the lift, you can find a free water dispenser with new bottles and also some chocolates and candys. Every day at 5.00pm, in the lobby is arranged a complementary wine free for the hotel hosts. The hotel is very well mainteined and clean but the strenght point is the position in the city. It is located in the loop (the city center) on the river in front of the Trump tower. It is really close to millenium park and magnificent mile (two of the most touristics place in the city). Moreover the hotel is close (5-7minutes by walk) to the underground line for the O'Hare airport. The staff of the hotel is extremly avaible and ready to meet all you needs. I was in chicago for a business travel so i can't give you informations about costs because i didn't manage the booking of the hotel. Anyway, after my experience, absolutly, I would suggest this hotel for a pleasant and comfortable stay in chicago.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Concetta D
Anna H, Manager at River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Concetta D,
Thank you for choosing the River Hotel and for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your experience. We are thrilled to know you found everything to your liking. We really enjoy passing on comments such as yours to our colleagues and thanking them for their great guest service.
We sincerely appreciate your recommendation!

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Anna and the service staff are top notch in all respects. Caring is the best word to use. Our room was clean and very comfortable. The 5:00 complimentary wine served in the lobby was an added bonus which made you feel like family. The location is spot on for the many attractions and allows those who like to walk like us to do so. The Big Bus (hop on and off) starts and finishes right across the street. We drove our vehicle and used the valet parking. It was obvious that our CRV was treated well. This was our first time visiting Chicago. It was amazing thanks in part to our choice of the River Hotel.

Dear Tom L,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. The entire team appreciates your kind words. It was a pleasure to have met you and we hope to welcome you back on a future visit.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 May 2018

This hotel is in a perfect location. A short walk to the magnificent mile, Mellium park. The train is a short walk away that will take you to Wrigley Field, Lincoln park zoo. The hotel staff are awesome. So helpful. Nice clean hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Anna H, Manager at River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy to know you were well looked after during your visit.
Please come see us again!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

We booked a superior room as previous reviews had suggested that the classic rooms were a little small, we got a good sized room with a sofa, desk, fridge and microwave. The bathroom had a walk-in shower, rather than a bath-which suited us fine. We also had a great view across the river. Everything worked, good wi-fi, huge TV.

Check-in was quick and efficient.

The location is perfect for a city break, most sights are within walking distance, good access to trains and buses.

The hotel doesn't have its own restaurant but the attached restaurant does good food and there are plenty of other eateries nearby.

The staff were, without exception, really friendly and helpful.

This is somewhere I'd happily return to, and will recommend to friends.

Anna H, Manager at River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thank you for staying with us recently and for your kind recommendation – both are greatly appreciated! Thanks especially for sharing your positive feedback about the staff – we love being able to pass on compliments form our guests to our staff and will be sure they see your review.
Please come see us again!