“Laid-back, Asian dining”

Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: North Park
Reviewed 5 July 2018

This was my first experience with pho, so I really have nothing to compare it to, but my one mistake was getting the #26... DO NOT GET THE #26 unless you are fine eating/picking out beef tripe and beef tendon. The waitress tried to warn me, but I didn't totally understand. Get the #28, which has the beef you normally associate with pho. I also had a Thai iced tea, which was tasty, but a little small.

Like other reviews have mentioned, the service is a little unpredictable, I'd write that off as a cultural difference. The waitresses kept my water full, but did disappear a few times, like right when I was ready to order. The interior is spacious and comfortable. I'd absolutely go back to get the #28 and Thai tea. I ate for $14 (including tip) left absolutely stuffed, and had leftovers. Parking is a little challenging, but I saw no major flaws with this place.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Been here few times, off and on, has kept up a good standard, service is good, tastes is good, décor is good and spacious. Order is always accurate and with lots of selections on the menu for Vietnamese food items. Portions are average size compared to other of same or similar type of eatery; but worth the price, not expenses nor cheap eat. Drinks are good and lots of variety. Locate little off the main restaurant areas for ethnics food, yet there are few places around the neighborhood that are restaurants.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We are regulars here and we live in Buffalo Grove. We probably drive past 100+ restaurants on the way to Hoanh Long, but when we want the best Vietnamese food this is the place. It is a family-owned restaurant and they are there every day in the kitchen and out serving their loyal customers. We ALWAYS get the spicy squid and share it because it is plenty. We also ALWAYS get the chicken wings as an app and they are HUGE! We started going here when we lived nearby in West Rogers Park but continue to go back all the time

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 25 July 2016

The broth for the Pho had toooo much cinnamon for our taste.
The won ton egg noodles were yummy. The won tons were not too tasty and were few to come by in the bowl. Needed to order another bowl without noodles and this time the won tons were better (fresher??).

Got a strawberry and watermelon boba tea, too. Loved the Watermelon boba.

Ordered a variety of dishes but they all looked and tasted the same?? Slightly sweet sauce with the same mixture of vegetable in all the dishes.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 6 March 2016

We have been eating at Hoahn Long for several years now. The food is fresh and delicious, the portions large, and the prices very reasonable. Many of the dishes are made with fresh herbs. Service is friendly. We particularly enjoy the chicken salad (goi ga), the mango salad with grilled beef, the pho soup, and the wide rice noodles with beef. Ask for the noodles a bit crispy.

Date of visit: March 2016