10 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.comUS$245
PricelineUS$245
Trip.comUS$301
5,049 results
All reviews le bar prestige suite great location room service magnificent mile michigan avenue hancock building beautiful hotel the gold coast turn down service water tower place two blocks large bathroom higher floor mag mile four seasons the loop
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2021

A Wonderful Stay Fantastic Food & Beverage & The Staff Is Over The Top to make the stay special the lounge is beautiful great service nice fireplace the views from the the prestige suites are awesome. the stores to shop at are great the restaurant and entertainment is in close proximity

Date of stay: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Jessica Schoefernacker, Sales at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2021

Dear gpassias, Thank you so much for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. We are delighted to hear that our staff went above and beyond to show you the true nature of our French hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2021

Very nice hotel that clearly takes COVID seriously. I was a little disappointed by how much they nickel and dime you. You're paying a lot for a room and if you're celebrating a special occasion you need to pay even extra for a treat that other hotels give you for free (e.g., chocolates). The thermostat in our room was very finicky.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank kateaZ4247QY
Jessica Schoefernacker, Sales at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2021

Dear kateaZ4247QY,
Thank you for staying with us for your special occasion. We are delighted to hear that you noticed the efforts we take each and every day to keep our guests and colleagues safe amid the global pandemic. We are sorry to hear that the cost of our guestroom enhancements left you feeling underwhelmed. We will take this feedback seriously as we continue to update and roll out amenities and enhancements for our guests. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again soon!

Reviewed 21 December 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights pre Christmas. It is a lovely hotel, very close to everything, luxurious and very comfortable. It’s perfect for walking all over downtown and enjoying the city. It was during covid and I felt that the hotel took very strong safety and health pre-cautions.

The one issue I had was when I checked out I was charged a 22.00 per day amenity fee. When I asked what this was for, I was told it is for the gym, water, WiFi and PPE (masks) I didn’t use the gym, the WiFi, I didn’t get water and I brought my own masks. But still was charged almost $90, this seemed ridiculous. The hotel cannot offer room cleaning, due to covid. Understandable. Same with room service. But then they charge you for amenities you didn’t use? While at the same time not providing normal service? This really put me off. I loved the hotel but this left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank lorraine6225
Jessica Schoefernacker, Sales at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2020

Dear lorraine6225,
Thank you so much for staying with us while in Chicago! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and experienced the true spirit of our colleagues making guests feel safe. We apologize that you didn't find value in the items included in our amenity fee. We would love to welcome you back at a time when you can take full advantage of all we offer!

Reviewed 2 December 2020

My wife and I spent one night at this hotel, as a short escape from being home-bound during the pandemic. We had a fantastic stay in all regards.

We booked the Sofitel romantic package, which included breakfast, a bottle of champagne, romantic gift, and late check-out. Rather than chocolate-covered strawberries as the welcome gift, they put a trail of rose petals from the door to the bed, and created a giant heart made with more rose petals. My wife loved it. A bottle of champagne was already in the room too. While there was an initial misunderstanding, the operations manager elevated our experience to ensure we had a magnificent stay, and that we did.

The hotel has many health safety precautions in place and we felt safe the entire time. The large room was clean and everything was in working order. The decor is inspiring, with many high-end touches. We also had a nice view of downtown from the 31st floor.

I was glad that Le Bar was open for take-away drinks. I ordered two cocktails and they were served in their usual glass barware for me to take back to our room. Their restaurant was also open for take-away orders. I placed our breakfast order with the front desk, then received a call shortly thereafter when the food was ready for pick-up. The eggs were done to perfection, the potatoes were well seasoned, and the bacon and sausage were fantastic. Toast, juice, and condiments were also provided.

I had another enjoyable stay and look forward to returning again to my favorite hotel in Chicago.

Date of stay: November 2020
3  Thank FlytheTail
Jessica Schoefernacker, Sales at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2020

Dear Flythe Tail,
Thank you so much for staying with us for your short escape! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and experienced the true spirit of our colleagues making guests feel special. And while the dining experience may have to look different these days, we're still committed to making each bite truly delicious - as you experienced! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you come to town.

Reviewed 27 November 2020 via mobile

I spent a night in this hotel to celebrate my baby’s first birthday. People were so nice and polite, they even gave a present to my little one! Everything was settle perfectly to avoid COVID infection, and they did a great job with breakfast, keeping it delicious even though it was to go. I would totally recommend it and hope to visit again soon!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Laura_Argentina_29
Jessica Schoefernacker, Sales at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2020

Dear Laura_Argentina_29,
Thank you so much for staying with us for your baby's first birthday! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and felt comfortable being with us. And of course, we're so proud of our team for making you and your little one feel special. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you come to town.