1,963 results
All reviews navy pier bliss spa bliss products lake view trendy hotel lobby bar mini fridge valet parking michigan ave few blocks mag mile the magnificent mile millennium park spg concierge hip lakeview
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I stayed at the W Chicago - Lakeshore on business at the end of November, and while the room was nice, the service was not. At 4:40 a.m., I was jolted awake when someone quickly knocked on the door, let themselves into the room, and started walking in. I yelled out that they were in the wrong room, and they left. Someone had the key to get into my room, and that was jarring.

I told the front desk about it the next morning, and she seemed confused. She told me they'd look into it while I was out for the day. When I got back to my hotel after work, I stopped by the front desk to ask about what happened. They told me the front desk manager was supposed to call me, but she never did. I finally got a voicemail from the front desk manager that night after I came back from dinner, and she suggested I come down to the front desk the next morning to talk to her then. Well, I did -- and this is when it gets even worse.

She told me they confirmed it was someone on their staff who came into my room. The reason? It was because someone requested a "wake-up call" and they got the wrong room. I'm sorry, but is that even allowed? Someone walking into your room as part of a wake up call? I've never heard of this, and told her that it seemed very fishy that an employee could walk into a guest's room for a wake up call for liability concerns, and she said it was standard. (Except they were supposed to knock three times.) WHAT?! She asked if I deadbolted the door, to which I hadn't (totally forgot to that night, and I normally always do it), and she told me I should just do that next time. She offered Starwood points for my poor experience, which was nice... but I felt very strange afterward. As a woman traveling by herself, it's unnerving to know that someone could have just walked in my room and I wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

I wrote an email to the General Manager explaining my situation so that they change their policy of walking into a guest's room in the middle of the night as part of a "wake up call," and guess what? It's been WEEKS and no response. Just want to warn everyone who's thinking about booking here that this could potentially happen to you, and you won't have any sympathy from the manager here. I was put in a very dangerous situation, and I can't let it just slide. Yes, the hotel is nice. Yes, the views are beautiful. But that doesn't make up for extremely poor customer service and being put in a very dangerous/sketchy situation. Do not recommend.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Stefanie F
Sonia V, Manager at W Chicago - Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Hello Stefanie F.

We sincerely apologize for this experience and have alerted our leaders of this incident while we take the safety of all guests and talent members very seriously. I certainly understand your concern. We would nothing more than to welcome you back please let us know if you should decide to return.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

The trip started off poorly as they kept mixing up our reservation several weeks prior to our visit, which was supposed to be a surprise birthday trip for me but I was asked to get involved as they kept having issues with the reservation. When we first got to the lobby, we realized that there were armed security guarding the lobby elevators and we had to present checked in to take the elevator up to our room. The room was fairly nice, but the fact that they required armed guards is enough to persuade me from ever staying there again or recommending it for my friends.

Room Tip: Lake view is the only nice option
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Sonia V, Manager at W Chicago - Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hello flipnnofx.

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to W Chicago - Lakeshore. We take the safety of our guests and talent members very seriously, please know that we take extra measures during peak guest arrivals as well as when we have private events on our ballroom.

We are disappointed to know you that you will not be returning. Thank you for your feedback as it helps us to improve what we do every day.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved the W Chicago-Lakeshore. Absolutely gorgeous. Clean and greatly decorated. You need to come here if you enjoy Chic or Vogue. We stayed on 16th floor with a great view. Room service is quick.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello David M.

Thank you kindly for sharing your feedback on your recent visit to W Chicago - Lakeshore. We are thrilled you had a wonderful escape with us and will share your feedback with our talent on the 16th floor as well as our in room dining team.

We sincerely value guest reviews as it helps us to improve and celebrate our wins! We look forward to welcoming you back, please visit again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed 3 January 2018

The hotel is in a great location for going to Navy Pier or walking up The Magnificent Mile. I did not eat in their restaurant. Maybe I'm a bit old but the décor is a bit edgy, you feel like you are in a disco walking the hallways, dark and neon is not my thing. A drawback is the only thing they provide in the room is an iron, ironing board and blow drier, you have to have them bring you a coffee maker or mini fridge, found that to be an inconvenience. The staff was courteous and friendly enough but not overly. Reservation and check in area is poorly designed though, very small space that is basically in the middle of the bar/lounge. I got a good value on Priceline but I would be upset if I paid their advertised prices as I don't find this to be a 4 star hotel. The rooms are about average size wise as to what you find in Chicago, maybe a tad bit on the smaller size but not cramped. The hotel is not great nor is it horrible, hence the average rating.

Room Tip: Get a high room on the Lake Side
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello KevinBromangen.

Thank you for your feedback during your recent visit to W Chicago - Lakeshore. I am sorry to know W was not for you. We would love to welcome you back anytime. Please let us know when your travels bring you back, we will gladly handle any requests of mini fridge or otherwise pre arrival.

Many thanks again, guest feedback helps us to improve what we do every day.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Very modern décor. Staff was friendly. Seemed like a safe location. It was a little confusing driving in, there is not a lot of space at the front of the building so there was a queue for valet. Bath products are Bliss brand and very nice.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Hello 95678.

Thank you for choosing to escape with us at W Chicago - Lakeshore. We are delighted you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the bliss!

Many thanks again as guest feedback helps us to improve what we do every day. Please visit again soon!

Cheers,