“Very Bad Hospitality and extremely rude staff”

W Chicago - Lakeshore
Ranked #97 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

The Hotel in itself is modern, the rooms are of a good standard and overall it is a really nice hotel, in a fantastic location, right next to navy pier with really good view's. However the staff were Rude, unhelpful, with the worst hospitality I have experienced in a hotel. We ate breakfast at the hotel once, again the staff were rude and unhelpful. For example if you wanted to ask them for toast it was impossible to establish eye contact, you was ignored and after asking three times for toast I gave up. We were moved three times to different rooms at no fault of our own, for example the safety deposit box was broken etc and the staff were so rude and unhelpful ( except for the maintenance guy). The third room had an offensive smell from the food the previous person had left in the fridge, it left a nasty smell for approx 24 hours, but we we're so fed up of moving we got some air freshener. One more thing if you dare ask the staff for anything like bottled water for your room, expect some reluctance. This hotel should of been, of a really good standard. i Unfortunately the staff that work there don't seem to know what there doing and how to be polite and helpful. Very disappointed

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Charlotte B
WChicagoLakeshore, Manager at W Chicago - Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Hello Charlotte B

Thank you for your review, I am extremely disappointed to learn of your experience. I welcome the opportunity to connect with you and hopefully make amends. Please contact me direct at your earliest convenience at Alejandra.romero@whotels.com

Kind regards,

Alejandra Romero

Write a ReviewReviews (1,690)

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Spent one night at this hotel. There was a minor glitch during check in but it was handled quickly. Then to compensate me for the (very brief) wait, they comped me a drink at the bar... Nice touch.

Staff at the front door and front desk are friendly and helpful. Great ambassadors for the hotel.

I stayed on the 18th floor and had a beautiful view of the lake and Navy Pier.

The room was clean and comfortable. The bathtub was chipped and could use a little paint touch up. Funky cool decor in the room.

I didn't have the opportunity to try the restaurant, but I did enjoy a drink at the bar. Great atmosphere!

I also enjoyed the complementary coffee in the lobby in the morning. The location is good. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank melissajazz
WChicagoLakeshore, Manager at W Chicago - Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

Hello melissajazz

Thank you for your comments from your recent experience with us.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

We were here over July 4th weekend. Chicago was super busy; the last Grateful Dead Concerts, both the Cubs and White Sox in town, and Spike Lee staying at hotel putting the final touches on "Chiraq". The hotel is beautifully located on Lakeshore and attracts a young hip crowd. Lunch and dinner is available both inside and outside. The rooms are nicely furnished and are adequate for a couple, although in my opinion, is getting close to a "refresh". Getting a cab or walking distance to most things are both easily accomplished. All in all a nice place to stay for a long weekend if you wish a very convenient location.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rick P

Hello Rick P

Thank you for your comments from your recent experience with us. I am happy to know you had a great escape with us and appreciate your feedback!

Hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

The hotel is nice, but didn't feel like I got my money's worth. It was mediocre in my opinion. Nothing outstanding about the hotel. Expected a lot more. Location is good, but that's about it. Bathroom was small, view was just blah, bed was comfortable.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Teresa C

Hello Teresa C

I am sorry to hear we did not exceed your expectations during your next time with us. Should you want to provide additional feedback, please contact me direct as I would like to be able to welcome you back and ensure next time you have a memorable experience.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

I love this hotel from very unique and modern design, to the cleaners and the comfort of the hotel. The bed is really comfortable. And the bathroom has a very unique design. I am a big fan of W hotels but this one is one of my very favorite. (definitely better than W hotel Chicago Downtown)

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Gaspard_de_la_nuit

Thank you for your review T_Nagashima!

I truly appreciate your loyalty and your kind words!

Hope to welcome you back soon