“Great location, great value!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Ranked #39 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed at the fairfield inn over memorial day weekend and enjoyed it very much. The location was excellent, price was good, and hotel was Clean and modern. The free breakfast was nice. Plenty of selection.

The only negative is that some heavy rains caused a leak in our room so housekeeping came and put a large, noisy fan in our room to dry it. A minor inconvenience but had to mention it. Also, I wish there was a pool. My 3year old son would have enjoyed that.

Overall, we had a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2011
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed here for two nights in early June while my spouse was attending a convention. Our room was clean and spacious, and we slept very well (despite being directly across from the elevators, we never heard a sound!). Staffers were courteous and helpful. An ample self-serve breakfast in a pleasant room was available from 6-10 AM. The location is excellent and within easy walking distance of Millennium Park, the Art Institute, Navy Pier, and the many restaurants and shopping attractions of Michigan Avenue.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times the last few years and have always found it quite satisfactory from its location, to its room amenities, to its breakfast, to its price. I packed for this particular trip to Chicago in a hurry, which translates into me overpacking everything, including bringing many, many pieces of special jewelry with me. About 12 hours after checkout, I discovered with great anguish that I had left my entire bag of jewelry in the hotel room. Although my initial call to the night desk staff was less than reassuring or satisfactory as that conversation in no way helped to reduce my panic over the lost jewelry, my contact with the hotel manager and housekeeping management the next morning went beyond my expectations. In a perfect world, since all hotel reservations are made with guest phone numbers and e-mail contact, I would have been contacted by the hotel when my jewelry was found, even before I discovered the jewelry missing, and perhaps procedures are in place that that would have occurred the next day. Regardless, as it turned out, Angelica (yes, a true angel), is a member of the superbly-trained housekeeping team at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, and demonstrates that this large-city hotel actually cares about their guests. Upon finding my jewelry in my room, Angelica saw to it that every item was routed for safekeeping. By arrangement with the hotel manager, my daughter-in-law arrived the next day to claim my items and the hotel staff took several steps to ensure her identity and authority before turning over my items to her. Aside from the obvious, outstanding character of Angelica herself, who cannot love a hotel that staffs and trains its associates to perform beyond expectations? Kudos to Angelica and to the Housekeeping Director, Ms. Rivera, and all who contributed to my happy ending.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank family5Kc
FairfieldChicagoMGT, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, our staff takes great pride in their work and it shows in everything they do. We make our guests our #1 priority.

Please know that I have shared your comments with Angelica. In fact I read your comments to her in front of the entire staff. She had a smile from ear to ear and you could see how happy and proud she was.

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience. Just as her actions had a great impact on you; the kind words you shared had an ever greater impact on her. You made her day.

Thank you again for you comments and more importantly thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 4 June 2011

Mother Nature hardly cooperated with our stay in Chicago, however, the staff at the Marriott Fairfield turned a soggy windy trip around. Charles, the concierge, was without a doubt the kindest most helpful informative person I have ever dealt with in a long time. Janet, at the front desk, had the patience of a saint dealing with all my first time questions about Chicago. Kenneth, tirelessly worked with me through my panic attack when I couldn't locate or print my airline boarding passes. Monica, never missed a beat in handleing a very busy lobby during the many severe thunderstorms that plagued the hotel guests over the Memorial weekend. Hats off to the breakfast staff who kept the second floor break room stocked and clean. I will always be grateful for the much needed 24 hour hot coffe and tea, and of course the breakfast. The rooms and every inch of the hotel where always clean and shiny. I truely hope that the Marriott Corporation sees this review. I always stay at Marriott hotels when I travel and have never had a problem. This however, is the first time I have ever posted a review. To the entire staff at the Fairfield in Chicago THANK YOU and keep up the good work.
Karen

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank karen1196
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Its really a fabulous stay I had in US. This is really worth staying her eand value for money is felt.

Rooms are cosy and close to all tourist business destination and easy access to the airport and train station. Very nice restuarants around. Very good service and co-operative staff for all your needs. What else you want?

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Travellers also viewed these Chicago hotels
Near North Side
Streeterville
Loews Chicago Hotel
Loews Chicago Hotel
#7 of 191 in Chicago

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!