“Very hospitable staff, great location”

Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop
Ranked #92 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Durham, North Carolina
“Very hospitable staff, great location”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The staff was very accommodating and friendly. We were able to check in a few hours early, which was a big plus for us traveling with a toddler (in need of a nap). We also enjoyed the amenities like the free coffee, water bottles, and wireless. Our room was a bit small, but came with a fridge and microwave, which were big pluses. The location is excellent, just a few blocks from millenium park, the art institute, and within the loop. My only minor complaint was that the bed was a bit on the firm side.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mtd143

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I had stayed at another Club Quarters (in Houston) and really enjoyed it and that's what led me to this one in Chicago. Many of the features I enjoyed like the lower price (just about $100/night), the free wireless, the professional service, and the beloved water bottles, are at this location.

However, I wasn't thrilled with the room. My biggest issue was how stiflingly stuffy it was. I almost thought we had a smoking room by accident (*disclaimer*: we didn't follow up on this, as we didn't see any ashtrays and frankly we were too tired once we arrived to deal with it) but it actually seemed like general mustiness, possibly from the heater. The worse part was that the window wouldn't open even an inch so there was no way to get some fresh air in. Bummer. I couldn't wait to get out each day. Good inspiration to see the city, I suppose.

The room itself seemed large and clean though I think it was getting a little worn out. The bed was pretty hard and we could tell it was two twins pushed together.

There wasn't a view, just an ally, but the location in the heart of the city more than made up for that. That's why I would still probably recommend this hotel, as we could walk to the L, Millennium Park, the Art Institute, and tons of restaurants within minutes. The river and Magnificent Mile weren't too much of a walk either. At the price we paid, it nearly made up for everything. Maybe if they threw in a free breakfast we'd be even?

(Do note that there are two Club Quarters in the city. This is the Central Loop location. We didn't realize this until our friends ended up at the other one wondering why we weren't meeting them in the lobby.)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RamblingRed
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Because of an unexpected family emergency, we were unable to actually stay the night. However, the staff and even the manager of the hotel went out of there way to make sure we were well taken care of and sent us off on our way safely. Even on a very busy day (St. Patty's day) check in was quick and efficient. The lobby was bright, clean and shiny...very welcoming. The location is amazing....near everything you would want to do in downtown Chicago. I cannot comment on the rooms since we didn't stay the night. But I cannot imagine that they would be bad...and if there were any complaints I am sure they would be taken care of immediately!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather H
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed here for two nights last week during a trip for work. I was a little worried before arriving because I booked the smallest room they have, one of those tiny economy rooms. But it and the hotel had nearly everything I needed. A couple minor deficiencies are at the end of this review.

Everything in this hotel seemed really new and very up to date. The business center had free computer use. The rooms had free, fast wireless. The fitness center was actually pretty spacious and had four treadmills, some ellipticals and two stationary bikes, plus a few benches, some free weights, weight machines and nice mats for stretching. Everyone at the front desk was extremely nice, helpful and professional. I really felt like I got top-notch treatment.

The room itself, while small, had plenty of room to walk around. It had a nice big TV, a small closet, a couple of drawers, a comfy chair and a full-sized desk. It also had a really small closet -- but it was plenty for one person for two nights. In the bathroom, there was no tub, just a shower stall, but it was relatively spacious and had a hand-held shower nozzle. Everything was clean, clean, clean.

My only complaints, and they're very small ones, were that the bath towel I had was very rough. Not even a little bit soft. There is coffee in the room but NO BREAKFAST. Not even a danish. I room service for dinner -- a salad -- from the in-house restaurant. It was delicious, but beware that they add a 15 percent gratuity to the bill automatically, no matter how little you order. And it stops serving at 10 p.m., which is a little early for me. Otherwise, this was a great experience and I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Hilary444
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed 24 February 2012

On arrival we had a room with a wet floor, so the front desk upgraded us to a slightly larger room. The room was clean and cozy despite the limited size, a real bonus is the fact there are water bottle filling areas on every floor and a gym in the basement. This place is really close to the loop and ideal for people on the move. I did not spend too much time in the room but when I did I found it comfortable.

Parking could have been a closer, but hey there is a option next door that is pretty cheap considering.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple