All reviews shops at north bridge nordstrom mall spg property molton brown products michigan avenue beautiful hotel fire pit fifth floor lobby bar rooms are spacious favorite hotel front desk staff the entire staff i highly recommend this hotel business trip the magnificent mile hotel room
Reviewed 13 November 2018

Staff was very attentive and helpful. Friday/Saturday night bar crew (Chris, Jason, and Troy) all did a great job, very engaged with our party, and creative with mixing drinks! Would love to come back.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

From the moment we pulled up to the entrance until we sadly had to leave, I must say this was one of our better hotel stays we’ve had in a long time. The room was clean, really clean, and the bed was as comfortable as if we were at home! Everyone we spoke to or asked questions for places to visit were exceptionally helpful and willing to go further than just answering the question at hand. Easy indoor access to shopping and great food and right around the corner from The Billy Goat! Definitely will return in warmer times, cold and snow not seen in 30 years, go figure! I highly recommend!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Squinj69
Reviewed 13 November 2018

I was in the middle of a 5 AM to 9 PM series of days at the 2018 AHA meeting in Chicago. As the author of The Essential Guide to Prescription Drugs, I travel a lot and large 25,000 person meetings like AHA are very important and very very busy.

Staying at the Gwen was nothing short of superb. From the bellman Robert to Miri in the restaurant (super service and actually took the time to ask how my day had gone), everyone was smiling, extremely helpful and very well-trained.

The exercise room is excellent, versus the usual exercise closet of some hotels. It was 17 degrees while I was in Chicago, so I did not venture out much, but Miri made time to mention the curling fun they have outside on the veranda and I intend to do it when I come back.

This stay during a very long and stressful heart meeting was relaxing, comforting, restful (great beds) and full of amenities. When I return to Chicago in 3 weeks for follow up business, I will stay at the Gwen again. Nicely done!!!

Room tip: Great city scape views from the 15th floor where I stayed
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank James R
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Gwen for four nights in November. It is conveniently located to many shops and restaurants. I disliked the dress I had packed for a black tie reception but thanks to the great location, I was able to run downstairs to Nordstrom, which connects to the hotel, and buy a new one! We had a few bumps during our stay - a faucet issue in the bathroom and a hostess at the restaurant that was not so attentive. However, both issues were quickly addressed. A hotel engineer was sent within minutes of my request to fix our bathtub issue, followed up by housekeeping to clean up after the mess. As for the hostess in the restaurant, she was less than pleasant but the restaurant manager addressed the problem and took care of the bill. And I really would have paid for it — the food was quite good!

Overall, I highly recommend the Gwen. The rooms are a good size (and we had an infant in a crib too). Staff is friendly and attentive and the location can’t be beat. If you want luxury on par of a Four Seasons or the Peninsula, this probably isn’t it. But it is very clean and nice.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank LishyLouLou
Reviewed 12 November 2018

The remodel of the old Conrad hotel was done extremely well. The rooms feel spacious and are decorated in a contemporary style. Good room amenities. The staff was very welcoming and helpful! Breakfast in the dining room was a treat.

Room tip: Hotel is not on the Mag Mile so rooms are all on a quiet side - or as quiet as they can be in an urban setting.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple