“Chicago has a real 5 star hotel again!”

The Gwen, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Michigan Avenue Chicago
Ranked #5 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

As an SPG Gold member I come to find that some of the luxury collection hotels in the brand are not exactly luxury. It takes a lot to impress me. First, The Gwen is not like the other hotels that once inhabited the building. The remodel is amazing. I got lost inside several times and I love to explore.

I was in the landmark king and the bathroom is gigantic!!!! Not to mention Multon and Brown products everywhere in abundance! My favorite.

The reason I gave The Gwen a try was because the concierge has worked with my business needs and personal needs since he joined Starwoood. I learned in life to follow where the good people go. Ramon has been an invaluable extension of my business team. I rely on him and most importantly trust him. This is why I follow the best. Although Ramon was off on my visit he made sure every detail was perfect.

He is one of the top concierge in Chicago and in the US and is an asset to Starwood. Also, I need to give kudos to the staff that checked me into the hotel. I do not recall his name but I hope to see him soon and thank him and Ramon.

If you want 5 star experiences in Chicago, The Gwen leads over the flagship brands on Michigan Ave. and the boutique hotels which are in abundance.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I travel for business every week.
In downtown Chicago, this is my favorite hotel. The staff is so courteous and the bar is fantastic. Eddie the bartender is outstanding and will make whatever drink you need. His mixology skills are untouchable. The rooms were luxurious and perfect for my needs after work whether I was alone or needed to entertain my team. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I booked my mother and grandmother into a hotel at the Gwen abut a week ago, and I typically don't write reviews, but I had to because they had a fantastic stay. From the time I booked a stay to the day they checked out, they had a fantastic stay. I had mentioned it was my mothers birthday, and Morgan sent up a complimentary bottle of wine. The staff was overall very helpful when carrying bags for my grandmother since she's getting quite old. The food there is also great, definitely try the flat bread. Overall great location and place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I stayed here one night after the Chicago Marathon and wish my stay could have been longer. Major, major kudos to the front desk staff, especially Maira, Stiffany and Patrick. They went above and beyond when they saw I was injured from the race. And checked on me whenever they saw me go by the front deskagain. My room was spectacular, the bedding dreamy. I had been here before when it was The Conrad but had never stayed there. The "rooftop bar is still great, though they need more TVs, especially to watch sports. The lobby bar doesn't stay open late enough for a big city and service could be a bit friendlier at the bar, though I only visited for one night so someone could have been having an off night. The location can't be beat if you want to be on Michigan avenue and (literally) attached to a giant mall. Nordstrom is an elevator ride away.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

The Gwen is well located on The Chicago Magnificent Mile.
This hotel is modern sophistication. The service is personal yet professional.
The suite was beautifully appointed and the bathroom was total luxury.
The art work is modern and inspiring.

The breakfast was my low after looking forward to a true American style breakfast at Circa Restaurant (the only thing that wasn't burnt was the egg) but really enjoyed the drinks and the small bite size meals Upstairs at The Gwen

The concierge (Roman ?? Spelling) was outstanding and certainly booked us some amazing restaurants and tours.
Perfect location for anyone visiting and wanting to see all the wonderful tours and shopping around Chicago

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple