“Typical”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Rogers Park
Cross street: W. Birchwood Ave
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

First time an Ethiopian meal, casual and average setting... with a peculiar incense aroma t.
Taste is to be acquired ..but njoid the traditional cuisine.
One orders 2 /3 main courses and it all comes accompanied with side dishes.
All served in a big platter over a crepe...its mainly pulses and all eat from the same plate in hand by breaking of additional crepes and pinching the food from the plate.
Close to traditional indian way of eating.
Must try experience.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 13 September 2018

so the part of the experience that was bad for me is something that probably won't bother 88% of you. near the end of our meal, someone lit what I assume was incense--some sort of heavily perfumed thing, and I had to rush out since i'm allergic. so be forewarned. but on to the good parts of the evening.

i met up with a friend and after looking over the menu, we decided to build our own combo rather than getting one of the pre-designed ones. so we got a tibs combo 2 (the one with shrimp, beef, and chicken) and a veggie combo, where we selected quosta, yatkilt wat, and kik alicha. everything was very good--plenty of food for the two of us with a little coming home to be lunches. the room is dark but pleasant and the staff is very nice. i'll need to ask if there's an "incense safe" time of day before going another time, though!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 12 June 2017

The bread (i.e. injera) was very fresh. You could tell it was made shortly before. Prices per dish are maybe about $2 than I've seen in other Ethiopian restaurants, but the quality of the food and service is worth it. They'll provide more injera at no charge if asked. Flavors were balanced. A very good Ethiopian restaurant overall, recommended.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I was surprised at the large variety of foods. I had trouble enjoying the meal because it was severed "family style" without labels, so I had no idea what I was eating. The bread was great. So were the desserts.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 24 March 2016

Very nice food and service. Restaurant has a nice atmosphere. Portions are good. Can eat family style or as for individual platter. Extensive menu.

Date of visit: March 2016

Been to Ethiopian Diamond - Clark? Share your experiences!