“Love their food!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Edgewater Glen
Cross street: Glenlake
Transit: We are located 2 blocks away from the Red Line Granville Stop and the Broadway 36 CTA bus stop is directly in front of the restaurant.
Description: Take a break from your usual cuisine, to enjoy savory Ethiopian food. Experience exotic elegance at the Ethiopian Diamond, in the heart of Edgewater, Chef/Owner Almaz Yigizaw, welcomes you to her namesake restaurant (Almaz means 'diamond' in Amharic). The Ethiopian Diamond is known for its extensive menu of authentic, Ethiopian dishes for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch, all served in a comfortable, yet hip and inviting setting. Ethiopian food caters to all dietary restrictions including gluten free, vegans, and vegetarians. Come visit, order takeout, or get restaurant delivery from the Ethiopian Diamond today.
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Their food is always delicious! On this recent visit we ordered the Tour of Ethiopia(?) and a lamb dish. Also, like their house wine - honey wine. My favorite place to go for Ethiopian food. Service is always friendly and restaurant vibe is relaxing. Street parking can be challenging but worth the trip. Always, enjoy coming here.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

First time in an Ethiopian restaurant, the food was delicious, the prices adequate, the service ok. Just prepare yourself that no silverware is used unless you specifically ask for it.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

1st time ever eating Ethiopian food. Lots of options for those that are vegan/vegetarian. It’s byob however there’s a $10 per bottle corkage fee. Restaurant is bigger than it looks from the outside. We had the traditional combination meal for 2.(I think that’s what it’s called). Even the food that was not indicated as spicy was too spicy for me. I did not enjoy any of the meat options in our combination. I only enjoyed the potatoes and the greens. The bread is spongy and has a sour dough kind of a taste to it. If I come back I would only eat potato options and the greens.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I looove coming here, so we decided to bring one of my students along. She hasn't had much experience with ethnic food and different spices/flavors but she got into it right away. Not only is the food yummy, but it's a new way to interact with your plate and the people you share a meal with.

Always a good choice!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to try various Ethiopian dishes and flavors. A very unique dining experience. Staff is friendly and attentive.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Ethiopian Diamond? Share your experiences!