Lowest prices for your stay
Official Website
US$284
US$284
Free cancellation until 07/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$292
US$257
Expedia.comUS$284
PricelineUS$284
HurbUS$292
3,138 results
All reviews hotel palomar wine hour sable restaurant complimentary wine rooftop terrace front desk staff floor to ceiling windows river north corner room living room state street mini bar the magnificent mile long weekend michigan avenue hotel is in a great location navy pier
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2021

PROS: The best feature this hotel offers is their front desk staff. Sara greets guests with a smile and is very welcoming. She saw to it that problems were promptly resolved. She is outgoing and easy to talk with. As well, the other front desk staff we encountered were just as friendly and helpful. If not for these individuals, I would give this property a rating of 1. These frontline individuals are a wonderful asset to your business. Hotel location is convenient to a multitude of restaurants, shops, sightseeing activities, etc. Room was clean, bed comfortable.
Cons: Hotel is old and needs some updating. Even from 16th floor, you can hear traffic noise, sirens, loud cars through all hours of the night. Hallways are dark and have an unpleasant odor, probably a solution used for cleaning? Rooms have dark wood and older carpeting. Corner chair was a beige velour that did not appear clean. Refrigerator didn't work, Wall hangings need updating. Lampshades askew. No washcloths provided (until front desk was notified). Sheer curtains in poor condition. Blackout curtains are a plus. Bathtub does not drain well; only 1 roll of toilet paper available (2 people, 4 nights). Restaurant and bar were not open (but many others in the area were serving customers). Pool was open but water appeared cloudy, probably due to the number of kids using it. Rooftop lounge offered comfortable cushioned seating but was occupied by what appeared to be a group of young adults drinking and just hanging out. Not inviting in the least.
Lastly, I'm aware the hotel was turned over in late 2020 and perhaps the new owners are working on improvements. Many other hotel choices in the area that I would entertain before recommending this one.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank MosquitoME
Reviewed 19 April 2021 via mobile

Make no mistake about it, this is not the Kimpton Palomer anymore! We have stayed in this hotel about 8 different times as a Kimpton. The quality was truly 4.5 stars. We booked knowing that an ownership change had occurred, but figured how bad could it be. Well, now we know. Dirty, smelly, dated, unhelpful......just a few words to share. This is not a 4.5 star hotel but maybe a 2.5. If you have any illusions that this might be a one off, try it yourself. You will be disappointed. The only reason I gave it 2 stars is the location is exceptional.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2021 via mobile

I'm writing this review as a loving thank you note to the wonderful staff at the Royal Sonesta Rivernorth because each person has made my stay welcoming and magical each time I return.

Mark gave me a beautiful jr. Suite facing the outside terrace and I loved soaking in the sunshine, taking long baths in the oversized jacuzzi tub and taking in the beauty of my room.

Every visit here has been worth every penny I spent and thanks to Sara, Jessica, Mark, Ben, Julien, and Michelle I always feel welcomed and important.

This particular hotel was formerly the Palomar Kimpton and I've visited this hotel many many times over the years and have a deep gratitude for everyone here who goes out of their way to make me feel so special!

The suites are incredibly large so I always book a suite so I can have a few long baths and imagine I'm on vacation especially because of covid this makes a perfect staycation destination if you're an Illinois resident.

Rooms are spacious and kept cleanly and there are many restaurants to choose from just within walking distance of this hotel.

A huge thank you to the staff and I will definitely return soon!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2021

We loved our stay at Royal Sonesta River North. The hotel is in a great location close to many restaurants and easy walking distance to many locations. Beautiful room, very clean. The hotel had good safety precautions for Covid-19. Friendly staff.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2021 via mobile

Stayed here with my Daughter for mini staycation. Great location (River North) and great hotel. Staff very friendly, enjoyed dealing with Sara at the front desk. Definitely would stay here again. Hope the business picks up for them soon (after Covid is over)- would love to enjoy their restaurant in the future.

Date of stay: March 2021