“Can't Beat the Filet Mignon”
Review of Folklore

Folklore
Ranked #719 of 10,256 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wicker Park / Bucktown
Reviewed 14 January 2016

If you like filet mignon, you need to go to Folklore. My family went there on Friday, January 8. The tables are lit by candlelight, giving it a really nice ambiance. We started off with the Provoleta as an appetizer. This is a grilled argentine cheese with olive oil and g red peppers. A basket of various types of bread is brought to the table and you dip the bread in the cheese. Yummy! For my main course I split the El Filet with one of my adult daughters. An order of El Filet is two relatively large, thick filet mignons covered in a red onion wine sauce and a large helping of delicious spinach mashed potatoes. Each meal also comes with a salad and the waiter brought us both a salad even though we were splitting a meal which was a nice plus. I normally don't like sauces on my filet, but it was so good. The second best thing about the El Filet besides the taste, is the price. $28 for two filets, spinach mashed potatoes and a salad. You absolutely can't beat that! The wait staff is very attentive. The whole meal was wonderful. I would highly recommend this restaurant and plan to go back again when I am in Chicago.

Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

To come here means that you are going to get one of the best steak in the city for a good price and the drinks are going to get you happy.

Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

Very good quality of the meat and very good service. The ambiance is good, very pleasant. A Spanish atmosphere!
atmosphere v

Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

I had been to this restaurant before and it was for a family occasion and everyone loves the restaurant... This time it was a very good experience again. Valet was on the spot, were seated right away(despite it being quite crowded) the Sangria was very good, just short of excellent(I liked Nañdu a bit better) I had the skirt steak which was also very good(again I liked Nañdu a bit better). The dessert was excellent. The service was excellent, the waiter even made an entrée recommendation, which my wife really enjoyed. The atmosphere and location are excellent. All in all this was a very good restaurant.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

The food was excellent and they have the best Mojito's! We enjoyed dinner and the entree was enough for two. I only wish I had room for dessert.

Been to Folklore? Share your experiences!