“Weird for me” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Museum of Contemporary Art

Museum of Contemporary Art
Ranked #63 of 624 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Boldly interweaving exhibitions, performances, collections, and educational programs, the MCA is an innovative and compelling center of contemporary art where the public can directly experience the work and ideas of living artists, and understand the historical, social, and cultural context of the art of our time.
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Weird for me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I just didn't really "get" this place, but that's probably just me lol. Let's just say I wasn't too happy I spent money on tickets for my gf and I...we left in like 10 minutes... if you're not REALLY into art then I wouldn't recommend it.. in other words if you can't appreciate a sheet hanging on a wall as art, then this isn't for you

2 Thank thbussey

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great Exhibit Now”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We were welcomed at the coat check and where we bought entry tickets. We decided to start with the new exhibit which involves the 80's. It included the political, social, musical, etc climates at the time. There were videos to watch, one included a perspective from a person who was living with Aids. It was really informative and you really got a feel for the time. There was a real variety of artwork. We continued to visit the other floors and enjoyed many of those art pieces, but most of all, the special exhibit which is there till June, 2012.

NJ
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Not my cup of tea”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My daughter wanted to go here while we were in town visiting colleges. We got there an hour before they were going to close and I believe it was $19pp but they gave her a student discount.
I wouldn't have spent the almost $40 bucks for an hour, but you know how that story goes. We I could have been though there in a 1/2 hour. I think she enjoyed herself but unless you're really into "Modern Art" I would skip it. It is amazing to me what we define as art today! but to each his own!

Visited November 2011
Chicago, Illinois
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Be sure to check out performing arts programs.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

The wonderful little theatrer has a wonderful performing arts program. Sometimes edgy, sometimes fringe, sometimes main-stream, and always interesting.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A cheeky afternoon visit - next to some shopping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

RIght behind the Watertower shopping mall.....let the other-half go for some retail therapy, while you spend an hour or two looking at the art. Informative signing, interesting compilations, and all for $12.

Visited February 2012

Been to Museum of Contemporary Art? Share your experiences!