US$301
US$368
US$239
Sofitel
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$276/night.

Hotel Felix(Chicago)
US$563
US$525
Hotels.com
2,794 results
All reviewsstate and lakerooftop barwit hotelbirds chirpingnature soundschicago theaterwarm cookiesspa roommillennium parkthe riverthe loopdiamond membercorner roomhotel guestsfloor to ceiling windowsthe beanupon check
Reviewed 18 September 2017

My husband and I had the opportunity to stay at the Wit for a weekend get a way after having vacationed in Las Vegas for a week. We had a suite (room 2506) and it was fantastic. From the moment we got there we felt welcomed starting with the valet, the bell man and the wonderful young lady at the check in desk. Everyone was very nice and accommodating and we were even allowed to check in early after a long 4 hour drive to get there (a big plus) The King Jr. suite had a nice living room, dining area, kitchen with a cooking area, refrigerator, coffee pot, glasses, etc. The bedroom was very comfortable, the suite was nice and clean and the view was excellent. Housekeeping personnel was very nice and accommodating also. The view was wonderful and being located on Lakeshore it placed us near everything we wanted to do, dining, shopping, The Magnificent Mile, the Navy Pier, just strolling around, etc. There is a very nice Roof Top Bar but reservations were recommended. We were told that we could go to the bar and have a drink but we opted out because we felt we might be under-dressed. Overall our stay was excellent and I would definitely recommend it! By the way valet is $65.00 per night (expensive)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear dhall512,

Thank you for a wonderful review! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your suite, and that our entire staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. Our staff is trained to go above and beyond for all of our guests to ensure they are getting the best service available! We are happy to accommodate an early check in, provided we have a room available. Our King Spa suites do all come standard with a living room, kitchenette, refrigerator, and I am so glad to hear that you found the room to be clean and the views to be breathtaking. One of my favorite aspects of the property is also our fantastic location, right in the heart of downtown Chicago, and located just steps away from shopping on the Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier, the Theater District, and the fantastic food and dining scene in River North. I am happy to hear you enjoyed ROOF as well, we do always recommend our guests make a reservation if they know they’ll be going to the 27th floor. We do have a dress code that is strictly enforced after 9pm on Fridays and Saturdays, but we are casual dress every other time that ROOF is open so feel free to come as you are when it isn’t the weekend nights! Our valet charge is $65 for overnight parking but we do have in and out privileges while you are here, so it is only one flat rate to take the car as many times as you like. Please come back anytime, we would love to welcome you back for another memorable stay at theWit!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We enjoyed our stay at the Wit. From the moment we arrived the service was great. Thank you to their very knowledgeable concierge, Kit for helping us with reservations and directions. Loved the sound of chirping birds in the hallways. The location was perfect for site seeing and dining!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Nancy C,

Thank you for a lovely review, I am overjoyed to hear you loved your stay! Our top notch staff goes above and beyond to ensure that all of our guests are getting the highest quality of service, so I am thrilled to hear you were no exception! I will pass your kind words along to Kit who will be so happy to know that she made such a memorable impact on your stay. Our world class concierge team is always ready to assist our guests with the finest dining and entertainment possibilities available across our beautiful city! I’m glad to hear our environment soundscapes on our sleeping floors played a small part in helping you thoroughly enjoy your time with us! Our location in the heart of downtown Chicago just south of the river is a perfect spot for guests to sightsee around Millennium Park, the Theater District, or the Magnificent Mile, as well as enjoy the amazing food and dining scene in both River North and West Loop! Please come back anytime for another outstanding stay at theWit!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The Wit is conveniently located somewhere in the Loop of the L, right next to the Chicago theatre. It is a little loud because of the L, but the bed is soft and the staff is warm and friendly. I'd be a little cautious before ordering food from the room service--although quick & on point, the food wasn't the greatest. It was good enough to keep one from starving, but little else. The rooms were beautiful, and contained lovely furniture and artwork that kept you guessing. The armoire was fabulously gorgeous & huge--way better than just a closet. The downstairs staff was quite helpful with getting a guest comfortable with the L, and she saved me a ton of $ on a cab trip back to the airport! it's a $3 ride to Midway --don't let those taxi's fool you! I'd definitely stay again if I had the opportunity. Just beware of the food...

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear T9909ANjulies,

Thank you for some wonderful feedback! I am so happy to hear our location right in the heart of downtown Chicago made it easy for you to access every major CTA line, and walk right across the street to the Chicago Theater! We do have rooms available that are away from the train for those guests who want to have the least amount of city noise, but I am glad to know that you found the beds soft and that our top notch staff went above and beyond to help you fully enjoy your stay! I apologize to hear about your experience with in room dining, I will be sure to pass your feedback along to our culinary team so that we may better accommodate our guests in the future. However, I am thrilled to hear your comments about the rooms! We have some lovely rooms with modern décor, and have sizeable armoire or closet space so that our guests can keep their garments neat and organized. We certainly do encourage our guests to take public transit whenever possible, as our proximity to the Orange and Blue Line simply can’t be beat, and are always happy to help guests with any directions required! Please contact me directly when you return to theWit, I would love to welcome you back for another memorable stay!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Being a platinum Marriott member; I decided to stay at theWit based on location, room accommodations/package for a quick getaway this week. I had reached out to Eric L for some guidance on what was best suited; room, places to eat and local activities within downtown.
Eric had taken my uncertainty of staying at a Hilton to a whole new level bypassing the Marriott status.
Eric and his entire staff; Kit, Andrew and Alma went above and beyond my exceptions and I would definitely recommend and come back again.
The hotel restaurant was very good for breakfast, as well as, "a late night not too sure what you want to eat"; Burgers and fries.
The Wit was centrally located in walking distance to the Buckingham Fountains, the RiverWalk and Michigan Ave for shopping.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear COhayre,

Thank you for an excellent review! I am so happy that my service had such an incredible impact on your stay, it is always a treat to know that I had a role to play in making your Wit experience even more memorable! I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed our prime location in the heart of downtown Chicago, near such places as Millennium Park, the Chicago River Walk, and shopping on the Magnificent Mile! I’m also glad to know that our in-room amenities were exactly what you were looking for! Our top notch staff goes above and beyond to ensure our guests know the best places to eat, more interesting sightseeing locations to visit, and are aware of all of the wonderful activities Chicago has to offer! I will pass your kind words along to Kit, Andrew, and Alma and let them know that you thoroughly enjoyed their service as well, they will be overjoyed to hear it! We are all excited to welcome you in to the Hilton family! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our lobby restaurant State and Lake Chicago Tavern was enjoyable all throughout the day, whether it’s our fantastic breakfast menu or late night dining! Please contact me directly if you are ever returning to theWit, I would love to see you again for another amazing stay at theWit!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

While the hotel is nice and rooms comfortable and clean (they should be at the price paid), the treatment you get just trying to have a drink at the hotel roof-top bar is deplorable and insulting. We attempted 'twice' just to have a drink at were turned away. The first time after heading to the bar directly from our room we were told we had to head down to the lobby first to get a wrist-band - huh? I'm staying in the hotel. The 2nd attempt we were heading through the lobby after dinner and decided to stop and get a wrist-band. This time we were told we need to go get 'changed' and come back down to the lobby before they would issue a wrist-band. Wonderful treatment Witt! You lost customers forever (who travel quite frequently).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear outandabout007,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel aspect of theWit, and that your rooms were comfortable and clean, but I do apologize for the experience you had at ROOF. Our ROOF bar does turn into a nightclub on the weekends and due to popularity we check all IDs in the lobby prior to entry to save time for our guests when they are up at the bar, but I am sorry that this made it inconvenient for you to access the bar from your room. There is also a dress code after 9pm on Fridays and Saturdays, so I again am very sorry that you were refused access for being out of dress code. We try to encourage our guests looking for a laid back cocktail experience to access ROOF prior to 9pm on Fridays and Saturdays, but I do understand that this is not always possible for those guests who are visiting us on weekends and am truly sorry this ruined your stay with us. I would love to welcome you back and help you access ROOF if you are so inclined, but understand if the experience has ruined the possibility of us bringing you back to the hotel. Please reach out to me directly if you are ever returning, I would love the possibility to welcome you back and show you the full Wit experience!