All reviews white castle wrigley field clark street bryn mawr donuts budget choice tv stations cubs game cta bus continental breakfast is an overnight stay easy access per night the loop water pressure bed was comfortable hendersonville
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Great Old Style Motel.
Very warm and cozy inside compared to extremely cold and harsh outside.
Loved the breakfast every morning.
The staff was perfect.
Could not be happier with my four night stay.
I will be back

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night with my daughter to go to a Cubs game. Most reviews were right on. Very inexpensive compared to hotels in downtown and Lincoln park. Easy access to Wrigley via CTA bus 22. Clean, nice staff. It is a old hotel but again factor in the price. The neighborhood is fine. Didn't feel unsafe at any point. I did see prior reviews saying AC didn't work. Found ours suspect too, however, it wasn't needed too much because its fall. Would I stay there again, maybe. Depends on price. Evanston is another good option to get a little cheaper hotels and access Wrigley reasonably. I'd probably stay in south Evanston rather, but would say this is a little quicker to Wrigley than Evanston. However, don't be scared off by photos it is a safe in clean place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2017

The only redeeming feature of Heart O' Chicago is that you can save a bundle compared with other motel/hotel properties. Otherwise, it's right of out of those period movies of the 1950's--it is as if the time stood still. The bathroom fixtures were faded and worn and the bars of soap very thin--there was no shampoo. However, there was plenty of hot water. The bedroom furniture is worn down and the mattress was so thin I could hardly sleep--because I was dead tired I fell asleep anyway. There was only one plug to recharge my phone and it inconveniently located. I threw away a similar television set in my room about 15 years ago. Still, if are traveling alone and just want a place to sleep and want to save a lot of money this should be your choice. There is a free breakfast buffet, but I didn't try it. There is a sign in room warning guests not to steal any of the furnishings as if they were of value to anyone! It is about a 20 minute walk from the Thorndale stop on the Red Line.

Room tip: Ask for second floor room as I heard conversations in the parking lot until the wee hours of the morning.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank howardm22
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I was really expecting a less then average motel esp in the heart of the city at such a cheap price. I was pleasantly surprised to find a very neat and clean place. He staff was very friendly and the rooms where clean. I visit family in Chicago often, so this might be my new place to stay. Also doesn’t hurt there’s a White Castle right next door

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is a very clean, cute, old timey hotel adjacent to the amazing little neighborhood of Andersonville. The few reviewers here who complain about the noise (you are in a city), the lack of amenities (what do you expect for under $100 bucks?), the gun play (??) and 'the lower middle class bar' (???) across the street are all ridiculous. The neighborhood surrounding this place is lovely (don't get scared off by the carwash and the White Castle) and you can walk a very reasonable distance past some beautiful homes to the awesome Fireside restaurant and lounge. Or you can head up the street to the fun shops, bars and dining in Andersonville. You are less than a mile from the El and you can take a short bus ride to Wrigley. Best of all FREE parking as opposed to $35 per night and up for places down by the loop so you can Lyft to anywhere you want to go with the $$ you saved on parking! I am always afraid that the owners of this place will sell and this little gem will be turned into an overpriced hipster hotel. Please don't do that to me, Heart O' Chicago!

Date of stay: July 2017