US$247
US$563
US$472
Langham Official
2,141 results
All reviewsprinter's rowmeli cafeprinters rowthe looptwo sinkswithin walking distancegrant parkblue linestreet noiseattached restaurantbrick wallbuckingham fountainsears towerroom was spaciousfront desk staffart institutewalk in shower
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Big, comfortable rooms, well-appointed, good service.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2011

My spouse and I spent one night at the Blake from Saturday into Sunday. The hotel is located in the loop. I found it to be a great location to everything. The room itself was very nice. High ceilings made the room feel huge. They have new flat screen tvs if you care about that. The bathroom is large enough for two people to get ready in the morning. The bathtub in our room was worn and had seen better days as it had a large crack/chipped area that had been plastered in. Aside from the bathtub being worn, the hotel and our room was very clean and had a modern feel to it.

There was quite a bit of street construction going on, but it will only serve to enhance and improve the loop. I personally didn't hear any construction going on as it may have been halted over the weekend/Sunday. As someone else posted previously, we did hear a number of sirens, but that didn't impede my comfort or sleep at all. Speaking of which, the mattress in our room was king size and by far one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on.

We arrived at the hotel shortly before noon and the hotel was very accommodating and allowed us to check in as soon as we got there. Another great asset to the hotel is a certain individual whose real name is Greg, but everyone calls him "Showtime." I can say enough good things about this man. Great sense of humor and makes you feel right at home. We wanted to dine somewhere close to the hotel and he recommended a small Italian place called Trattoria Caterina. I would definitely recommend it. Prices were very good and the service was second to none. The food itself was really good as well. After we returned to the hotel Showtime asked us if we wanted to go check out a local jazz club. He escorted us around the corner and got us in for free and even a vip table right at the front. And the music was fantastic!

I would definitely recommend this hotel. If you go, make sure you seek out Showtime.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ironmoose
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Wyndham Blake is an older hotel in the south loop area of Chicago. The location is very convenient, within walking distance to most of the downtown area, and only a couple blocks from public transportation. The worst thing is the street noise, which starts out early in the morning with traffic and construction noises. There must be a firehouse nearby, because we were constantly hearing fire trucks go by, sirens blaring. Our first night we were in a room facing Dearborn street, and had to move to the other side of the building because of the early morning noise on the street. The other side was a bit better, but the noise level was still such that we couldn't sleep in. The staff was very helpful in getting us moved to the other room.

The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Housekeeping was very accommodating to our needs, as were the rest of the staff. The furnishings are starting so show the years, but the beds were among the most comfortable I have found in a hotel anywhere. I'm not too crazy about the rainfall shower, as I like a shower with a bit more pressure behind it, but there was plenty of hot water very quickly.

I would suggest parking your car yourself; don't pay the extra for "valet" parking. Valet parking involves paying $44 a day (with in and out privileges) for them to put your car in the same garage you can park in yourself for $25 a day. It's just around the corner from the hotel, and you don't have to wait for the valet to get your car for you.

The exercise room is nice and well equipped, and has a good view of the surrounding city. We did not try the hotel restaurant, as the prices seemed rather high. All in all, it was not a bad place to stay, but the amount of noise from the street would make me look seriously into finding another place near the loop.

Room Tip: Ask for a room AWAY from the street side.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We loved the stay at this hotel, the rooms are very cozy and comfortable. Oh, how can i forget the bed in our room, i miss it every night now. I have never had such a wonderful sleep in a hotel bed, i enjoyed my room. After a long day of site seeing, we used to be excited to come back to our room, coz it was very relaxing and comfy. The hotel is on S Dearborn St which is the right place to stay if you are planning for site seeing and shopping in Chicago.

Room Tip: I believe the new wifi rooms have cozier beds and much spacious rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stanloise
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your Wyndham Blake Experience with us! We are always excited when we know that we made your stay in Chicago a comfortable and memorable one. We look forward to having you stay with us again! Keep an eye out and take advantage of some of our great rates and new packages!

Reviewed 4 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at Blake Windham in October 2011, a very friendly staff greeted us with a free room upgrade, which was very spacious, comfortable and nicely decorated. The room was always spotless. The staff was always friendly and willing to help, ¨Showtime¨ was amazing!

I can not wait to return again to Whindham Blake in Chicago!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple