3,489 results
All reviews gold lounge millennium park gold level president's club room service navy pier michigan avenue art institute business trip the river an upgrade lobby bar the windy city the magnificent mile the loop corner room few blocks
Reviewed 22 January 2018

First of all, the Fairmont chain is still one of the best in the world. They bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable. However, the Chicago Fairmont is showing some wear and tear. The furniture in my suite was worn and dated as was the carpeting. However, the room was very clean and the bed the usual Fairmont comfort. With the executive lounge closed, it looks like it may be the beginning of a renovation process. I hope so as this is a great location with great people working there!

Room tip: Get a room away from the elevators.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear B3964VPmichaels,
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your gracious compliments. We take pride in every guest's stay and your endorsement is very much appreciated.

Our Gold Lounge was briefly closed while we upgrade our plumbing and address other guest concerns within our guestrooms. We reopened last week and will shortly have LEED certified toilets in the hotel.

I hope you can come back again soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

You can see the age of this hotel is starting to show, but overall I found it to be a really comfortable stay. The room I had was huge, and the bed was comfortable - as were all the amenities. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2018

The halibut was dry and rest of the good was tasteless, strange and lacked flavor including the strawberries for dessert. The bathroom had prior guests bath remnants on the shower walls that had not been cleaned.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Dear O8259HMjillc,
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments. I have shared your experiences with our Executive Chef and the Director of Housekeeping. Our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations and your feedback helps us to focus on the areas that require attention.

I hope your travels bring you back to the Windy City again soon.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I would return to this hotel if I find myself in Chicago again - gorgeous, clean rooms, great views, and perfect location downtown - staff was courteous and helpful. We did have dinner here and as all hotels is pricey but the service was great and the food tasty.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Dear 351karlan,
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your endorsement. Our goal is to exceed your every expectation.

I hope you can come back again soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Travelled first weekend after New Year’s with 3 18 year old girls. Checked in and was assigned to an adjoining room. Hotel is grand but a little dated. Rooms are large and bathrooms are spacious. Again just a little worn at the edges. When we checked in, the bathroom had been missed by the cleaning crew. Immediately reported it and was assigned to another floor. Great response from management.

Very good location to Magnificent Mile; lots of shopping and restaurants within walking distance.

Breakfast restaurants in walking distance: Wildberry and Eggy’s. Both highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled with family