10,221 results
All reviews executive floor empire room lockwood restaurant beautiful hotel beautiful lobby art institute the loop classic hotel street level millennium park a hilton honors member lobby bar rooms are small an older hotel two double beds downtown chicago fitness center
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Of course the lobby is spectacular, and that feeling of charm and uniqueness carries through the hotel. Old school class. And I happen to love the location and how convenient it is to great restaurants, bars, shopping and great Chicago attractions. Just love it.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 14 September 2016

I found a 300 dollar charge on my credit card the day after check in for incidentals. I was not advised that this would be forthcoming on check in. When I questioned this I was shown a small sign at the left of the check in counter which was not readable and was not called to my attention at check in.

The next day and they day after two charges of $32.18 were charged. What were they for? No one knew but I was told all would be removed at check out as well as any unused portion of the incidentals charge. This was done.

The room lacked a coffee maker and radio, which you get at Motel 6 or anywhere else, but it was the bathroom that represented the real problem. The hand towel was on the opposite side from the sink, the roll in roll out shower was so slippery you had to hold on to the safety bars every moment. There was no place put anything. No soap dish, no place for the shampoo.

So if you're thinking about the Palmer House, check out Motel 6 first.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Supersaver
Ishawa S, Manager at Palmer House A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2016

Dear Supersaver,

We are so sorry for not effectively communicating to you the hold for incidentals that was put on your card. We usually inform guests of the $50.00 a day hold at the time that you make your reservation and also when you check in. It is never our intentions to mislead you in anyway and as a valued guest please accept our apology.

We truly hope that this experience has not soured you on visiting again in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Big city hotel, big city price. No signal for television second night. Management gave me 7,000 Hilton points for inconvenience. That was reasonable. Lobby decor is beautiful. Like the fact they had a Starbucks downstairs.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

What a difference 5 months makes! This hotel is going on ten years since the last renovation, and the cleaning staff has given up as well. Broken faucet, ripped curtains, electrical outlets that do not work, all covered by a layer of dirt. Lots of leftover hair in the bathroom. When I moved to another room, it was the same! The front desk was completely apathetic when contacted about the problems, and I am a Diamond level Hilton guy. All for just $500/night - AVOID!!

Room tip: Avoid! They do not care about your stay
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank CuriousTravelerRadio

Dear CuriousTravelerRadio,

I must say that I am surprised by your review. We are committed to presenting our guests with the cleanest rooms and the friendliest staff each and every time. As a Diamond member you truly deserve more than what you have described and for that we want to offer our sincerest apologies. Your review will be shared with our management team and steps will be taken in this matter.

Thank you for your valuebale feedback.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

I love the architecture and how well the property is kept. The modern updates haven't taken too much away from the building. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I had the opportunity to be in the executive suites on the 22nd floor. My room was amazing. It was just myself for business and had a single double bed with 2 bathrooms. It was fun being able to enjoy the large tub after a long day of walking and being on my feet.