“Best vacation ever !!!”

The Walton Residence
Geneva, Illinois
“Best vacation ever !!!”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed at the Walton two summers ago for one month, it was the time of our life ! Everyone was so wonderful to us , and it was beautiful and spotless . The hardwood floors, fireplace and French doors to the bedrooms we're just what we we're looking for, but more than anything after staying a month it felt so much like home that I missed everyone that made our stay there so perfect.

Phyllis and Brian

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Phyllisfurman

Couples
Rhode Island
Reviewed 23 October 2009

I and 5 of my colleagues (in town for a conference) stayed for a week at The Walton. We stayed in the 3 bedroom suite and it was wonderful. Everything on their website is accurate. I think this is the first place that actually looked bigger in person than in pictures online! The bedrooms are all separated from each other, and are connected to the livingroom/ dining room/ kitchen by a spiral staircase. You're in a great neighborhood (your closest stores include Gucci and Bloomingdale's) and it's just a couple blocks from the subway. The hospitality is fantastic and the place is secure (a 5 digit code gets you into the building). Overall, I would highly recommend The Walton... it was hard to leave!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank cecigold
SF
Reviewed 5 May 2009

My friend recommended the Walton Residence in Chicago as a place to stay during my visit to Chicago.
What a place!! The one bedroom suite was bigger then my 2 bedrooms condo. The decoration of the suite is very modern, elegant and unique. Flat screen TV’s wireless internet, very clean and quiet. The kitchen has everything you can ask for that including espresso machine, service superb and most of all in the middle of everything, business, shopping night life and lake.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Polsap
New York
Reviewed 4 May 2009

The Walton Residence was the perfect option for myself and my business coworkers. We had a conference at the McCormick Place and all of the hotels offered by the conference were expensive for small non-suite rooms. The Walton Residence was in the perfect location and near a ton of hotels that our other coworkers were staying at.

Our rooms were great, we had two suites for 6 people, with huge living rooms to hang out and even practice our talks for the the conference. We could easily check our email and use our laptops with the wireless internet. Every bedroom had a flat screen TV. The beds were very comfortable, although the pillows were so big they were a little hard on my neck. I would have preferred smaller ones that were a little more soft. There was enough closet space for all my clothes to be hung up, and they had terry robes for us. The bathrooms were gorgeous with tan marble and even a seat in the shower which would be good for a handicapped person. The kitchen was sleek with dark wood and SubZero appliances and looked like something contemporary out of Architectural Digest.

The people who run the hotel, especially Patrick, were super helpful and gave us anything extra (towels etc.) that we needed. The shopping in proximity is AMAZING. There was a Tory Burch next to the front door and Chanel on the corner!

I would recommend the Walton Residence for people who want lots of room for the same price as a hotel. It's very private and quiet. Pretty much just like having your own posh Chicago apartment!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Paestumgirl
Santa Monica
Reviewed 1 May 2009

I visited Chicago with two of my girlfriends few weeks ago for a "shopping spree getaway weekend" on the famous Chicago Magnificent Mile. We rented the 3 bedroom duplex at the Walton Residence and it was one of the best accommodations we ever had while traveling to Chicago.
The hotel is located on Walton, right at the corner of Walton and Magnificent Mile, so it was walking distance from all our favorite shops as well as to the Oak beach! I only wished it was summer, we would have loved to spend few hours laying on this famous Chicago beach (I guess we will have to go back soon!).
The hotel is more than you can expect from a 5 star hotel. Beautifully designed, they pay attention to every detail: high French doors, large and comfortable beds, high quality sheets, very unique lamps (you can even buy if you like them). But one of the highlights is the kitchen, with all the tools and equipment you would expect to have only at home. It is fully equipped, with everything from glasses, silverware, pots as well as espresso machine. Also, they have an office area, where you can plug in your laptop to a high speed free wireless and also free local phone calls!! You cannot beat that. We did not take full advantage of the office setup since we were in Chicago for leisure, but if I were to ever come back for business, I think I found the right place for that! The dinning area is perfect for a business conference.
The staff was very nice and responsive to all of our needs. It is not your typical hotel, it has fewer rooms, I think around 25-30, and there is no spa yet (even though I think they are building one at the moment). But since you are in the middle of the Gold Coast, there are plenty of restaurants and spas in the area. There is also a very famous restaurant on the ground floor of the Walton Residence, called Pane Caldo, which I understand is not part of the hotel, but it serves divine Italian food. Highly recommended whether or not you stay at the Walton Residence.
I will definitely come back, they have a wide range of suite sizes, which can accommodate up to 6-7 guests per suite, so either you travel alone or with your entire family, this is the place to go!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends