“Perfect location-close to Downtown”

Chicago South Loop Hotel
Ranked #102 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I had to unexpectedly go to Chicago & since I no longer live there I needed something nice but inexpensive. I went through on hotwire.com & blindly paid for 2 days @ $68 per nite. I had never heard of this hotel but I was pleasantly surprise not to mention the free parking & wifi contributed to my liking greatly. The rooms are huge including jacuzzi tubs in bathroom. It comes with a small well a tall refrigerator but no microwave. The only I suggest is not to stay on Saturday bc there is a club/lounge & sports bar & you won't get a lot of sleep until it closes after 2am...other than that I have no complaints

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank tgcomn4u
Write a ReviewReviews (1,832)

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed here this past weekend for our visit to Chicago. We had a traditional king room which was very large and clean. No complaints at all about the room except for the shower head that was one of those low flow types that barely gets you wet. The free gated parking was also a nice added addition. Our only concerns were with the restaraunts and gift shop. When we arrived on Saturday the restaraunt, coffee shop and gift shop should have all been open. We just wanted a quick bite to eat so we were planning to go to the coffee shop. It was closed and no one seemed to know why. This forced us into the restaraunt. The food there was good and reasonably priced but service was slow especially considering we were one of only two couples in the place. We were going to pick up some snacks at the gift shop on the way back up to the room but it was also closed even though it was supposed to be open at that hour. The next morning we went down to eat breakfast at the coffee shop but it was once again closed. Again, no one from the hotel knew why. The restaraunt was also closed due to a private party later in the day. We ended up checking out and finding another place to eat on our own. Overall I would still recommend this hotel - just be aware that you may have to leave the hotel to eat.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Memphisdoug
Reviewed 1 February 2012

free parking, walking distance to McCormick place (tho we DID drive and pay the parking since parking is free at the hotel) CLEAN rooms, great food in the restraunt, Cant wait til April!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Misspluto2011
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend because my husband and I had parties to attend Friday and Saturday night. We usually stay on Michigan Ave but wanted something closer south and with parking. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor we booked here for the 20% off fall promotion on 2 nights stay. This hotel is right on 26th and State which, growing up in Chicago was a cause of concern but that quickly disappeared once we arrived. The lobby is nicely decorated and there are shops inside. Our room was very large. I wasn't a fan of the decor and the bed was a bit hard for my taste but that's just personal taste. If I had a gripe, it would be that the shops were never opened and there is a fridge but no microwave in the room (that made no sense to me). We will definately stay here again while visiting Chicago. Nice place.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shauny874
Reviewed 27 January 2012

This hotel makes a good and fair deal as long as you don't need to stay close to the heart of down town Chicago. It is located about 10 minutes walk from the McCormick center so it is a good option if you are about to attend a conference at this huge meeting center. Otherwise, look for a place which is located a liitle bit closer to the "city".

• Stayed: September 2011