“A treasure!”

Tapas Calpe of Cary
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tapas Calpe is a unique blend of a neighborhood tapas restaurant and wine bar within our full-service butcher and wine shoppe. This European old-world combination of butcher shop by day, tapas restaurant by night creates a charming and intimate environment. It's the perfect place to gather at the end of the day for an exceptional meal or linger over a bottle of wine.
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

If this place was in Wheaton, where we live, it would be overrun. In the sleepy town of Cary, it’s easy to get a table. The food is both beautiful and delicious. The prices are a steal. The wine selection is amazing. Check it out, and it will become your go-to restaurant!

1  Thank Judi H

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

First time we went to this restaurant. It's tapas, so small plates with a decent wine and beer. Our food was interesting, not great, but interesting. A little different from the normal restaurants in the area. Check out the menu online, it was accurate. Beer was good and priced right. Wine was priced high.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Came Friday night, we had no reservation but they kindly opened up a table for us which while in the dimmest part of the restaurant/shop was adequate to see and eat (we've been to places darker where you pay for that ambiance! ) The food was really good, I think its the best tapas we've had outside the city itself. Ceviche was really fresh, the beef/sausage/shrimp skewer excellent. The paella I thought was very good, my wife would have preferred it was more sticky but it was hardly al dente. Will be back.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We've lived in Cary for like 14 years, but never tried this place. And I so regret that now.

DH and I started with a dark beer from Germany - for $3 - it was happy hour. We also had the corn chowder, gazpacho, ceviche, some hot shrimp dish and crab cakes. Everything was first rate. But my absolute fav was the gazpacho. I had two shots of it - I even got the recipe!

The only suggestion we had for them was to make the servings smaller, and reduce the price of the dishes. They give you so much, it's not really 'tapas'. We were full and we wanted to try other things...

Reviewed 28 July 2017

We went with some friends just to grab a quick bite but stayed longer, enjoying a variety of different tapas dishes and some very nice wines. It is a casual open setting yet we we able to talk in normal voice level between the four of us. We shared a number of dishes with both hot and cold tapas with my favorite being the fresh crab cake. Our server was very pleasant and attentive but not overbearing. Overall a great evening.

Been to Tapas Calpe of Cary? Share your experiences!