“Best Pizza EVer”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Been coming to IV's since high school, best pizza and salad bar ever. Think crust, nice atomosphere.

1  Thank sundancegroup

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve tried almost every dish here. Pizza is awesome. They have wine! The place is cozy and comfy. Very good for friends.

1  Thank Hannah B
Reviewed 17 October 2017

While recently visiting Carbondale, we made an obligatory stop at the Italian Village. During my college years, my friends and I often visited for the spaghetti with meat sauce. My memories are so found of that dish that I was reluctant to try it again. My fears were unfounded. Even my wife, who is more on the gourmet side, loved it. We saw some very good looking pizzas in tables around us. I didn’t see much sharing. We were very pleased to see that they now serve beer and wine. This place has been around forever for a reason.

1  Thank George K
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I was very surprised when I seen on the wall that this business is been open for decades. It was one of the worst tasting pizza is I have ever experienced. The pizza crust was soft and It had a very doughy taste to it. It taste like it was not cooked. But it was it had the char marks from the oven on it and it was brown. It just taste raw. Their sauce needed help and they should choose a better cheese. I thought it was going to be a sit down restaurant. But you have to order at the counter and we have to pick it up when your order is ready. This might be a fine restaurant for the college kids however I was disappointed.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

IV's has been around since the 1960s, I believe. They recently expanded to include a beer garden option. Dining areas include outdoor, main level and upstairs. They also have a banquet room for events. They are famous for the nooner, which is a large slice of pizza and salad bar. The salad bar is located on a gondola in the middle of the restaurant. Pizza is thin crust with the sweeter sauce. One of the things I love about Carbondale is that all of the locally owned pizza places are delicious and all different from each other, so it really depends on what you are in the mood for. They have a drive-through on the front of the restaurant to pick up to go orders and also offer their pizzas in frozen form. They do not deliver. They also offer pasta dishes and sandwiches. Bring a sharpie or white out pen with you, so you can leave your mark on the wall or ceiling, as per IV's tradition! My family is a huge fan of this restaurant.

1  Thank brkann