“Good alternative to fast food!”
Review of Pita Alley

Pita Alley
Ranked #13 of 130 Restaurants in Carbondale
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Service was pleasant and quick. Good Mediterranean Food. Did not like the texture of the Baba ganoush but the taste was good.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I love this place. It's my go to with my vegetarian husband, where we can both get things we love. I love the steak kebab, grilled chicken, and hummus. He loves the veggie kalaya, rice, and zataar pizza. It's very affordable, the staff is nice, and there's always turnover, so even if its busy, you won't have to wait for a seat very long.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

The atmosphere is very confusing due to many different styles of decor. The menu is a little overwhelming and there is a lot of food too choose from. I was there around lunch time which is was not busy at all, i ordered Gyros, took about 15-20 minutes for food to arrive at the table. The Gyro was so bland and dried out as well as luke warm. I more than likely wont return and will go to El Grecos instead for Gyros.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Pita Alley is one of my favorite places to eat in town. The staff are attentive and cordial, the food is fresh and healthy and you can easily run into some of the nicest folks from all over Carbondale. The soups here are good and wholesome. I usually order soup or a greek salad and get the chicken shawarma entree with rice (highly recommended), the chicken kalaya entree (which gives you the advantage of hummus and grilled chicken in the same plate) or the salmon entree with rice. I must disagree with a previous reviewer here who recently reported that the salmon was "fishy." I order the salmon twice a week and have done so for the past half year and I have yet to have "fishy" salmon at Pita Alley...quite the contrary! It is remarkably "un-fishy" as far as salmon goes...and I have eaten a LOT of salmon, believe you me. (It bears mentioning, of course, that salmon is, in fact, a fish so....) Most all entrees come with generous helpings of warm pita bread and the appetizers here are yummy, too, especially the hummus, which is rich and creamy. They've recently added pizza to their offerings baked in their own new brick pizza oven and pizzas here are quite tasty as well.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Hummus is good, gyros pretty good. Seemed to be better on previous visits. Maybe an off day, but it was okay. My daughter had salmon and it was fishy. My food was okay not great like I said has been better.