“Coffee with Friends”

Longbranch Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 131 Restaurants in Carbondale
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Long Branch is one of our favorite places on earth! They have the BEST dessert case! If they have the carrot cake when you go make sure you get a piece:) literally the best I have ever had!

Reviewed 13 July 2018

This is one of my favorite places to visit in Carbondale. Lots of great choices--today I had an omelet with caramelized onions, Portobello mushrooms and Swiss. The potatoes that accompany the omelet are outstanding, as is the fresh baked biscuit. I appreciate the not-so-small details: the butter is real, the ketchup is organic, and there is no high fructose corn syrup in the jelly. Delicious fresh-squeezed fruit and veggie juices. And the staff is extremely friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We decided to check out this vegan café based on a recommendation from a friend. The food was very tasty and well prepared, but it was not at all filling after a day of hiking. We wound up leaving hungry and went to Burger King to grab a couple burgers to fill us up. It would be a great place to have a light lunch or dinner, but do not go there with a hearty appetite or you will be disappointed. But, as I said, the food was fresh and well prepared, just small portions.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Conveniently located in downtown Carbondale, Longbranch has the cutest atmosphere! Fun art and paintings hanging on the walls to look at while you wait for your food. Coffee and bakery items are available. I ordered a delicious salad and all of the ingredients were very fresh. Great trip!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Longbranch features excellent coffee, baked goods, and vegetarian meals. Everything is high quality and the staff are very nice. It's a great place to find healthy vegetarian and vegan options. The veg biscuits and gravy are fantastic, as are all of their breakfasts. For lunch, the veggie burger is too strong on the beets for me. Mostly, I do not feel comfortable sitting in the restaurant. The seats are small, the tables are tiny, and everything is very close together. The place makes me feel like a giant in everyone's way.