“best pizza in cdale”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

pags is always good. the only pizza we order in cdale anymore.

consistently well made, which can be rough to find in carbondale

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

I returned to Pags after being gone for 33 years. It is still as good as I remember from my student days. The best sausage south of Chicago. The best past is you feel like your sitting in an older pizzeria. I highly recommend it here.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

This review is more of a summary of this restaurant. I have been to this restaurant many times for over 25 years. Each time I go, it is very consistent.

Me and my wife usually get the thick and chewy pizza and rarely are dissatisfied with the quality. Service is not bad and pretty friendly.

I think they get overshadowed too often by other pizza offerings in Carbondale but that isn't always a negative to me as it allows for seating and service quicker than others.

Paglias Pizza is a choice you cannot go wrong with.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

I went to school at SIU many years ago, and when I was there, we used to eat dinner almost every Sunday at Paglia's. When I had the opportunity to be in Carbondale again after 40 year absence, I made a point of stopping by to see if their pizza was as good as I remembered it--it was! My waitress told me that use the same recipes and have the same pizza ovens that they had way-back-when.

Service is good, and although the dining room could use some sprucing up, the restaurant is comfortable and conveniently located. They have parking adjacent.

Reviewed 6 December 2016

We were a group of 6, meeting before a performance of Godspell at the Varsity. We arrived at 4 because it was also the evening of the holiday parade which causes Illinois Ave to be closed. We found convenient and very inexpensive parking next door, directly across from the theatre. My husband and I shared a lasagna and a salad. The lasagna tasted fine, but we both asked each other if they left out the cheese layer, as it seemed to be just pasta and meat sauce, so it did not measure up to our expectations. Another lady said the mostaccioli did not meet her expectations either, though it wasn't bad. The person who was most satisfied was the one who ordered the pizza, and based upon other reviews, that will be our choice if we happen to be back in the area in the future. We also had various desserts, and the Italian cream cake was the favorite. It became extremely busy during the parade, but we had no complaints about the service. They were all working hard!

1  Thank lynneypenney