“Super pizza”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 14 November 2016

In the top 2 pizza places in Carbondale IL. Friendly staff, excellent food, and good prices. Carryout services are excellent too. Come in and relax and enjoy good food.

1  Thank KeenKutter

Reviewed 26 October 2016

I was in town for a day visiting the SIU campus after having been away for 40-some years. I remembered Puglia's Pizza from my time at SIU, when I and a group of friends would eat there almost every Sunday evening. Amazingly, the pizza I had was just as good as I remembered it. According to the waitress, they are still using the same ovens and recipes as they did when I was going to school at SIU. The room looks pretty worn and could use a makeover, but service was great and there is parking just on the north side of the building.

1  Thank TimInSeattle
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I've been going to Pag's since I was a little kid. It used to be my favorite pizza place around, not anymore. Now it's hit or miss. Last time I took my family there our crust on the pizza was burnt. I was not happy and they didn't seem to care. When it's good, it's good, otherwise I would suggest Quatro's. Shouldn't have to worry about hit or miss.

1  Thank farmgurl1973
Reviewed 13 August 2016

Went there for a professional get together. While I love their pizza, I used this opportunity to order the "special of the day" pasta with meat sauce, garlic bread and salad. The salad was iceberg lettuce and pizza cheese. Dressing on the side. Bread was quarter cut Italian loaf, buttered and garlicky do and thrown in the oven. Pasta was just pre cooked pasta with a small layer of pizza sauce that had a little bit of hamburger in it. That was topped with the pizza cheese and thrown in the oven to heat and melt in. It was flavorless. The chef de cuisine needs to wake these dishes up. Will never order pasta again.

1  Thank Olleros2015
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Downtown place in a college town, but they had a pizza/salad combination that broke up the monotony of just a couple of slices of pizza. Be prepared for a slightly spicy slice, but not a bad place to grab a quick lunch.

1  Thank WBRONH