“Excellent food & drinks and great service”
Review of Newell House

Newell House
Reserve with OpenTable
Newell House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 130 Restaurants in Carbondale
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Washington St
Description: The freshly restored Newell House Restaurant offers great American cuisines with a neighborhood twist. With its casual and unique atmosphere, it serves as a great place to catch up with a few friends or the entire family. Featuring a fully stocked bar, more than 30 specialty martinis and a fine wine list with more than 40 varieties.
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit in the last few months. The menu changed a little, and it’s fairly limited, but the food is excellent and beautifully prepared no matter what you get. Great selection of wines and good service. I highly recommend trying it out for date night, girls night or family dinner, just know it will be a little on the pricey side, but worth it.

1  Thank fsabens

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

The dinner menu had many tempting choices. We had the shrimp on top of gumbo and the veal marsala. Both of them were very good.We had a party of 9 people and service was very good also.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

So we were in town for the weekend. Wanted a nice dinner to complement various activities for the weekend. I must say it was “just” ok here. We had higher hopes for this place. The food was just ok, no selection for vegetables without paying extra for a salad and a somewhat limited menu.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Every meal I've eaten at Newell House has been prepared to perfection and absolutely spectacular. Their Brussels sprouts are so good even my sprout-hating husband thinks they're fantastic. I feel the same about their calamari fritta. Calamari isn't something I ordinarily eat, but theirs is just outstanding - not the rubbery little rings you get in so many places that don't know how to properly cook calamari. In addition to the calamari, from the current menu I've had the Thai salmon, the sea scallops, and the rigatoni & zucchini. I recommend any of them without hesitation. Their desserts are equally amazing, especially the lemon cake. Consider sharing though, because it's a seriously large slice of cake.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I love this restaurant for special occasions. We typically make reservations for Valentine's Day every year. The food is amazing and the ambiance is just awesome. It can definitely be romantic if you want it to be.