“The place to be in Burr Ridge”

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants
Reserve with OpenTable
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Burr Ridge
Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: They have multiple locations, in Burr Ridge, Orland Park, South Barrington, Wheeling, Indianapolis
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I've been visiting the Cooper's Hawk few times in my visit to Chicago and never was I upset. The wine list is rich and interesting. The menu is refined and gives opportunities for both meat and fish lovers. The lobster bisque is amazing. Awesome is the Jambalaya. Fried calamari super and burgers are serious thing.
Very good atmosphere indeed. Place to visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Food was excellent as usual. This is our favorite restaurant. Our server Ryan was very attentive and pleasant.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoy the wine membership because the food is fantastic. I have eaten here at least a dozen times and every meal has been fantastic from casual lunch meal to fined dinner. Service is always great.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Now that they've expanded the place, there is more room and more availability of tables. The food is pretty consistent and enough to share if you want. The tables around the piano can get very loud, but that's to be expected. The wait staff sometimes has a challenge getting around in that area, but it's a fun place to hang out. We normally eat at the bar or a high-top so I cannot comment about what the restaurant part is like, but if you like casual dining, the food is very good.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Let me first start of by saying that our server Kasandra "Kassie" was awesome! I will sing her praises before we are done. Kassie deserves 5 stars - but there were other issues.

First the wine tasting. It was busy, but there is nothing more frustrating than seeing a full bar of tasters, empty glasses waiting on their next pour and a server spending time shooting the breeze with a regular.

We have a great deal of experience in this space. We understand that a good chat is part of the experience, but a good expert will use that time to talk about that wine. After all a tasting is a chance to sell that bottle to an interested consumer. We liked a few of the selections - but you lost us when you decided to ignore 5 different couples to talk about people from high school with a regular.

The Dinner:
I started off with a bowl of lobster crab bisque. While there were amazing flavors, it was primarily small diced vegetables. By the 5th spoonful I told my date, "there is no actual seafood in this soup!". I did manage to find 2 pieces. Now look, I understand that I could have 5 bowls, and each one would be different. However, it felt like they actively tried to skip seafood.

I had the Jambalaya. It was good. However, it was virtually indistinguishable from any other chain. The only issue I had was the mix down. The seasoning was abundant and grainy. If they made it from scratch, they did not mix it well. If it was from powder, then this makes sense.

My date had the steak. It was cooked to temp, but everything on the plate was cold.

We finished it off with the Ice Wine Cheesecake. That..tasted great.

The Service:
Kassie was awesome. She shared her favorites and got us going. She offered a sample of last months wine "Collaboration". It was fantastic, so we got a glass. (Brad could learn a lesson here).

Kassie saved this dinner. She was funny, knowledgeable and a really cool person. Now I am sure that this was a one off experience. I know that a lot of people return. I could see there are some solid relationships. But, by all means...you should take every opportunity to convert first timers to new regulars!

We will give this another shot. I am unsure of the food. I am far from picky, but I was expecting a little more in terms of flavors.

One last note: If Brad would have talked to us about the wine, and explained that they rotate the tastings, he would have been able to sign us up for the club. Kassie did do this - but by then we were over it.

JulieFonseca, Guest Relations Manager at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Hello there, we would like to thank you for your feedback and to apologize for your unfortunate experience you had with us. We can assure you that each guest's experience is very important to us. If you would like to speak with us about your experience, please email your name and contact information to helpusimprove@chwinery.com. It will also be helpful to include the date and location of your experience in your email. We appreciate your patience and hope to reach you within 72 business hours. Have a wonderful day!