“Why isn't this place packed?”
Review of El Cortez

El Cortez
Ranked #31 of 53 Restaurants in Bradley
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

We have been here three times so far and every time the food was plentiful and delicious. My husband got the combo fajitas and loved them. I got the chicken enchiladas. They were excellent! Very meaty. Margaritas were good and so we the guacamole.

106.5 half off deals has 50% off coupons with a handling fee of about $6.50. So, $31.50 for $50.00 in certificates. This deal brought us in and the food and service bring us back.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

this is such a huge place and unfortunately I never seen more than a few dozen people inside. The food and portions are grand. There is an older red headed waitress that is always rude to us and it seems every time we go there, there she is. Her crabby attitude aside, this place is nice and quiet for couples, families, or groups.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Super excited to try this favorite locally, only to find they have a smaller version of the menu in Country Club Hills. Food was just ok. Service was below average. Restaurant was renovated before opening but still outdated and dirty.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

The $5.00 margarita was pretty good. The free salsa and chips they bring to the table when you get there was awesome! The rice,refried and veggie quesadilla was ok. The regular beans were almost inedible. The server seemed a little lost. Ordered corn tortillas instead of the flour ones and received flour. They did take $3.00 off the bill for their mistake. It was ok,I guess.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Having dined at other El Cortez locations I was pleased to see they opened a new location near my home. The hostess and waiter were attentive and friendly. I ordered a lunch special, 2 beef tacos which included beans and rice. The amount of beef in each taco was enormous and tasty. The salsa and chips, served upon arrival were excellent. I am anxious to try the fajitas, another review then.
The building was taken over from another Mexican restaurant and nothing has been done to update the exterior. A sunken sidewalk could be dangerous.