“A very fun time!”

Ranked #65 of 269 Restaurants in Bloomington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We were in town from the Chicago area visiting ISU, and decided to eat here as we all love this type of food. Prices were in line with other Japanese Steakhouses, but although the food was good, we have had better. We already had some of our food, but were offered no dipping sauces. We noticed the table next to us was offered before the chef began cooking, so we had to ask for ours. It took awhile and our steak was getting cool when we finally got some. I also had to request my white rice twice. The server forgot about it.

Anyway, those little annoyances caused me to give only 4 stars. What was worth going there for was the show the chefs put on. They were the happiest and most entertaining we have had, and we have been to many. They made the meal a laughing and fun filled time for us and the family we were seated with. All of laughed a lot, so kudos to the chefs! I would go again if ever back in the area.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

So the wife and I come into town and decide to go to Kobe for the 1 st time. Presentation thumbs up it meets the Japanese feel I'd say. Our choice to be seating at hibachi grill might be questionable because I was head bound for sushi. The wife had the salmon dinner from the grill. The chief did a great job by the way. Kept everyone entertained and laughing. Wife seemed well pleased with her dinner choice. Me on the other hand had a different experience as it relates to service. I requested cucumber water which must be an east coast thing because everyone seems surprised about my request here in the mid west. The waitress ensured me that it wouldn't be a problem she would be back. After returning to the table twice without water I decided to ask again. Felt like 10 min. Before I received water with no cucumber ( strike 1) So i finally ordered my 3 speciality rolls and it took a long time for this to come out. I mean the the hibachi chief began to feed me because I was sitting there with one food. So I say maybe they are short handed. My food comes out and the wife food has been cooked and and partially eating at this time. ( so much for couples eating together lol) I right away say to the waitress that I was going to need some additional wasabi. She says ok and return several times without wasabi. I never got it and I wasn't about to remind her. It was reflected on her tip unfortunately! I must say that the rolls were delicious! Other than the wait and forgetful waitress..... the food was good. So this place gets a fair mark overall.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

The man cooking our food was great, he made the meal very entertaining. Large portions. It all tasted good except I wasn't a big fan of the soup.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

On a scale of one to ten I would give this place an 8. The value is the only issue. Yes the food is good but slightly overpriced. I did enjoy it and would go back again.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

I was invited to Kobes for lunch last week--I was shocked at how amazing the buffet for lunch was. Not only was I able to try many different types of sushi but I also had a wonderful salad and some wonderful chicken fixed in different ways.
What a great venue for lunch!! So excited to have found this.