“fast food sushi”

Naomi Sushi Express
Ranked #26 of 76 Restaurants in Barrington
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 8 November 2017

great place to grab a sushi meal...interesting and comprehensive fare of selections; pleasant owners ; close to Jewel Osco too!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I am a person of Irish & German descent talking about CURRY!
We normally visit Naomi's other restaurant in Arlington Heights for sushi, but decided to visit the Express Lunch version.
We already know that Naomi's recipes are fabulous.
The curry we had was the mild yellow curry.
Crazy good sauce, potatoes, carrots and celery, served over sticky rice.
I never ordered curry before but Naomi gave us a sample and we were hooked.
We will definitely return.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

I didn't have high expectations for this tiny "express" sushi restaurant, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The salmon sushi was fresh and had a perfect texture. The miso was tasty and well-balanced. The gomaae had a nice sesame sauce, was perfectly steamed and very tasty. Very friendly young woman at the register. I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Great place to get delicious sushi. Food is ready fast, yet the speed has no impact on the quality of food! The fish is always fresh and the service is fantastic.

Reviewed 13 November 2014

I just happened to be in the area and instead of heading to my usual sandwich shop, I turned the corner and saw Sushi Express. It's a very small, but quaint space that has a couple tables and a short sushi bar seating area. Small menu but everything is prepared right in front of you. Very reasonably priced for the portions. I concur with other reviewers that it is a great value, the sushi is fresh, but it's not going to knock your socks off. I think a little more flavor would be great as the "spicy" rolls are not even close to being spicy. I will most definitely go back and try some other rolls and the stir fry meals and ramen soup smell and look amazing.