“Surprisingly good!”

Naomi Sushi Express
Ranked #26 of 77 Restaurants in Barrington
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I didn't have high expectations for this tiny "express" sushi restaurant, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The salmon sushi was fresh and had a perfect texture. The miso was tasty and well-balanced. The gomaae had a nice sesame sauce, was perfectly steamed and very tasty. Very friendly young woman at the register. I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Great place to get delicious sushi. Food is ready fast, yet the speed has no impact on the quality of food! The fish is always fresh and the service is fantastic.

Reviewed 13 November 2014

I just happened to be in the area and instead of heading to my usual sandwich shop, I turned the corner and saw Sushi Express. It's a very small, but quaint space that has a couple tables and a short sushi bar seating area. Small menu but everything is prepared right in front of you. Very reasonably priced for the portions. I concur with other reviewers that it is a great value, the sushi is fresh, but it's not going to knock your socks off. I think a little more flavor would be great as the "spicy" rolls are not even close to being spicy. I will most definitely go back and try some other rolls and the stir fry meals and ramen soup smell and look amazing.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stop by here when we want sushi takeout without spending a fortune. It's good and very fresh. Their hot food is very good too. The staff is friendly and efficient. The place is small with only 5-6 tables so it's not designed with a fancy atmosphere. - Our family gets takeout here about every other month.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were on our way to the Catlow and decided to grab a bite to eat before the movie. My fiancee mentioned she's seen this place a bunch of times but never had a chance to try it, so we stopped in. It's small but it wasn't very busy on this Monday so we were able to grab one of the tables so we could sit and enjoy our food instead of eating on the run.

The food was good and was prepared in short order. I'm not a sushi connoisseur but I really enjoyed it. I would certainly stop in here again for a quick casual bite to eat.