All reviews comfortable bed carr towels microwave tv boise
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We stayed at the State Street Motel in Weiser for 3 nights in August 2017 on our 'Eclipse Adventure". We were lucky enough to get reservations and we were very pleased with the accommodations. Donna, the manager was helpful both before and during our stay - the owner is really fortunate to have her on the front desk! Our room, 208 (upstairs corner at front but still quiet as street had little traffic), had a very comfortable queen bed, some of the softest, smoothest linens we've ever experienced, a wonderful 2-head shower over bath, a small refrigerator, a full-sized microwave, a large flat-screen TV, and fast wi-fi. There was a desk/counter along one wall with a nice chair and a small love-seat (fold out sleeper) with nice cushions that was actually comfortable to sit on. The AC worked great and was really appreciated in August. The room as light and felt spacious and clearly had been kept up by the staff. The housekeepers were friendly and provided towels and coffee each day. All in all it was a great place to stay in a small, friendly town. Oh, we should mention that there is a small market across the street that has that necessary food group: ice cream!! Thank you Mary Margaret Carr (owner) for providing us such a nice place to stay for our 'eclipse adventure'!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
marymargaretcarr, Owner at State Street Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hello... we enjoyed having you and all of the eclipse lovers. Was a fun weekend
Thank you for the detailed review. We have worked so hard to make this the best motel/ hotel in the area. The amenities and the large size of the are enjoyable. Come again anytime.
Mary Margaret Carr

Reviewed 9 January 2017

This is your best choice if you are staying in Weiser. We had to leave another motel in town after a couple days due to filth, grunge, very run down. We were relieved to find the State Street Motel which has clean, modern rooms. Manager was helpful and got us everything we needed each day. The extra bucks spent at the State were worth it, to not be surrounded by mold, grime, and very shoddy repair work throughout the room.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Katyinfrance
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We drove all night from Reno, NV headed to Weiser, ID. We intended to stay at a hotel/motel along the way and even drove thru several towns of all sizes only to find they were either a little sketchy, out of the way, WAY over priced or closed by 11 p.m.
We ended up in Weiser, ID at 145 a.m. & Lord Bless sweet little Miss Mary Margaret Carr who took our call and then got up (in her pj's) to gave us her last room at almost 2:00 a.m!
We were NOT charged extra for coming in so late OR for our 2 medium sized (well behaved) dogs.
The room was very clean, beds were comfy, very happily surprised to find a coffee pot in the room too! There is plenty of parking (we had a med size trailer) & the place was very quiet, even early in the morning when everyone was getting up to leave.
I can't say enough nice things about this Motel even comparing to larger well known Chain Hotels.
We attempted to stay at the Sleep Inn in Ontario, however, we were informed the only rooms left were $159 PLUS $50 PER dog PLUS tax! Seriously!?
Baffled considering it was 1:30 a.m. & we would literally be there for maybe 5 hours??? So instead of discounting AND booking an available room it was marked up even higher even though the internet price was $89/ night...
I highly recommend the State Street Motel and cannot thank Miss Mary for being so accommodating.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2016

I have stayed at this motel off and on for years , and have seen the good and the bad of how it has been managed.. this stay was not a good one , there were a couple of families living there that had several kids , I had to put up with these kids throwing garbage in and on my vehicle , they also were riding bicycles in and around the vehicles ... the first night I was there , I had my door open at 10:30 pm and a woman walked in and freaked out , they had rented the room out to her and her party, she ran screaming out the door saying that they weren't staying there.... I spent the next day trying to get the manager , so that I could complain to no avail , I finally gave up.... I will go down the street to the indian head motel , it is a few dollars more but well worth it .. never staying here again......

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank wgil139
marymargaretcarr, Owner at State Street Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

I am so sorry for your experience. I live in Boise and was unaware that my manager was being totally out of order. He had instructions not to rent by the month or week etc.
He was "asked to leave" the motel. For good shortly after your stay.
I have hired the finest manager who is overseeing all.
The rooms all have new mattress's , bedding, plush towels, fresh paint, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee pots.
Welcome to all to join us.
Mrs. Carr

Reviewed 11 November 2015

We were scouting out the area as a possible retirement location and made the State Street Motel in Weiser our home base for two nights. The motel is undergoing renovations so not all the rooms are available and it is very much a work in progress. It is under new management and you can tell they are trying very hard to make it your first choice when staying in Weiser. It's kind of run on a skeleton crew. We had to ring a buzzer for someone to give us a key. I was a little concerned when I saw the doorknob on the inside of our room door. It was a little loose and looked like the kind of knob with a very simple lock that might be used inside a room in your house. My L.A. upbringing made me push a chair in front of the door for a little more feeling of security. But to be honest, a small town like Weiser is not exactly a hub of criminal activity. The room was clean with two queen-sized beds. We moved to the other bed on our second night when the first one had a "meet in the middle" mattresses where it sagged in the center. The other bed as Goldilocks might say was, “just right.” The shower was very welcome and we have no idea where they got their towels, but they were the best towels we have ever used. There was a bit of street noise since State Street is pretty busy, but it quieted down at night. There is no coffee shop next to the motel which is a little inconvenient, but we asked the guy that gave us our key for a recommendation for dinner since we arrived around 6:00 p.m. and he suggested, “Judy’s” down the street where we had a really good dinner. Also the “Homestead” is a terrific place for breakfast in Weiser.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GlobalGal58
marymargaretcarr, Owner at State Street Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Hello, thank you for your review. I didn't know until now how to respond since I just took over the ownership of the motel.
Your comment on the bed was particularly appreciated. A new Mattress and box spring were installed within a week of your review.
We are attempting to have all of the mattresses replaced before September 2016.
Most of the rooms have fresh paint and glad you enjoyed the new shower heads and hand held shower head to accompany.
We provide coffee and coffee pots and across the street is a convenience store with coffee. I see you located the Homestead which is short walk for great breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The flower beds have been replanted and hopefully the entire stay will be enjoyable for all. The barbeque and lawn area now have nice table and chairs for picnics.
Come again.