Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews beautiful beach beachside bar year after year fish burger lunch menu no rush plenty of hot water simple place conch fritters caribbean island bequia steps shore bay
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2019

Food wasn't great I ordered a Tuna Salad for dinner. Who we placed the order with came back and told us it'd be take away it was only 8pm we didn't really have a choice. Yet people were sat being served food to stay. My friend went to pay by card the payment wouldn't go through he was very short with her, so I tired with my card and it turned out it was the machine was out of paper. He thanked me for my co operation but still came across rude and short. I then went to try some of my tuna salad expecting it to be a decent size for a dinner meal yet this is what I got. I've literally took a mouth full (which I couldn't eat because the tuna was hard). I didn't feel comfortable bringing it to the staffs attention so we left. I wouldn't advise to eat here and looks like alot of people feel the same way after looking at reveiws.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Emmi-louu
Reviewed 7 July 2019 via mobile

We recently stayed here and were really pleased with the location and the apartment. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only downside was the food. The chicken we had for dinner wasn't cooked properly and when we brought this to their attention, they took the plate away and nothing more was mentioned. There were very few options available for breakfast. Wouldn't put is off staying there again though. Just wouldn't eat there!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2019 via mobile

I didn’t stay at Keegan’s and didn’t place an order but watched the sunset from the bar. The simple set up w chairs and tables on a platform over the beach is perfect for sunsets. The owner is quite nice and let us just hang out there. While I didn’t like the cigarette smoke from here when I was sitting on the beach below earlier in the day, I was able to get downwind of it once I found a table for sunset.

I also loved the dead end street Keegan’s is on. It is quintessential old-school Carib. Just a sleepy little street w some foot traffic and taxis dropping off with trees along the sides. Very relaxing location. There’s an open air restaurant across the street.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2019

My wife and I stayed at Keegan's in November 2018 and were thrilled with the pre-season special room rates.

The staff were very accommodating, and managed to shuffle us around when we unexpectedly decided to extend our stay from one week to two. We found our rooms to be comfortable and clean, and thankfully air conditioned! The refrigerator was an essential amenity.

The staff members were always kind and friendly, though service (across the island) is on island time.

Keegan's has superb breakfasts, but the rest of the menu does get a little tired after a a two week stay. They have many happy hours and drink specials. The beach bar is a great hub of activity, with many live music nights.

The location is top notch, and you really can't get any closer to the beach. Lower Bay is a beautiful side of Bequia, the beach is clean, and the water is amazing and safe to swim in. The resort has good access to Port Elizabeth and other parts of the island.

We have subsequently visited the beach bar many times. The full moon bonfire/hog roast hosted by Keegan's makes for a wonderful evening that many locals, expats, and guests attend.

Room tip: Ask the staff for directions to the short-cut to Princess Margaret Beach & Belmont walkway to skip need of a taxi.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Globetrotter_JV
Reviewed 24 April 2019 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights at Keegans. Staff was helpful and friendly, food ok, location awesome. Rooms not so great. No room for a chair, dresser. Only small table, closet and fridge. Two single beds pushed together, walls very thin could hear everything. And bathroom had to keep door closed as there were only screened windows with no glass. Loved the beach but would not stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sunshinegirl2019