“Chef Pong makes fabulous sauces!!! And a great choice of dishes: 5 soups, 15 appetizers, 18 lunch specials,”
Review of Thailand Express

Thailand Express
Ranked #2 of 221 Restaurants in Nampa
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 21 May 2017

10 noodle or rice dishes, 12 entrees, 7 curries. Around 10$, the most elaborate dish at 15,95$. 5 different national beers. Limited in desserts but all three are home made including two ice creams. Smiling waitresses, excellent service.I made on this trip a special detour to come here for lunch.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

The place was crowed as always. We had the sweet and Sour stir fry with pork. It was excellent. My friend had the 3 flavor Chicken also very good. We coupled it with some hot tea and it was great. Although it was busy the service was great.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

The place was already packed when we walked in, on a whim, on an early Wednesday evening. It's a lovely little restaurant, spacious but cozy, with excellent and dedicated staff - and you will find it right across the road from Walmart, so it's hard to miss. The menu is extensive and showcases unique items. Food is fresh, well prepared and beautifully presented, which does much for the eye and for the overall experience. We sampled the chicken satay, duck roll, crispy spring rolls, drunken noodles and tom ka soup, and were delighted with the taste. According to the table mate, it was "the best Thai" he's had so far in the valley. Definitely worth the drive if you don't live in Nampa!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We visited for our 5th time (without a reservation) and had to wait quite a while to get in. We went and picked up something at the Walmart across the street and they called to say our table was ready just as we were checking out. I recognized all three waitresses from previous visits (I take that to mean that they treat their staff well). My brother in law ordered the phat thai even though I warned him that I'd had better at other restaurants. It looked and tasted just like the last time we had it, ok, but not great. Prices are pretty good especially considering the high quality of the food. It has a good reputation for a reason.
* Massaman curry: 10 out of 10 (Had anise seeds in it, YUM!)
* Spicy drunken noodles: 10 out of 10
* Yam woon sen: 10 out of 10 (tiny clear rice noodles w/chicken)
* Satay: 7 out of 10 (was cold and smaller portions than I remembered)
We asked to have the satay brought out with the rest of the meal. I think they may have cooked it too early.

Food we ate in 2016:
* Tom Yam Soup: 5 out of 10 (Good but not authentic).
* Chicken Satay: 10 out of 10
* Yellow curry fried rice: 10 out of 10 (Not a dish I normally order)
* Som Tam (papaya): 10 out of 10 (Asked for no dried shrimp)

Food we ate in 2015:
* Chicken Satay: 10 out of 10
* Phat Thai: 8 out of 10 (but my wife didn't like it??)
* Pat prick pao: 10 out of 10 (Not a dish I normally order)
* Laab chicken: 10 out of 10
* Som Tam (papaya): 10 out of 10
Normally we get it without the little shrimp. We forgot this time but it was still incredible.
* Nam Tok: 5 out of 10

Reviewed 30 March 2017

It's an amazing place. The place is small, but well decorated, with a cool Thai atmosphere. The food is amazing and authentic, and the service couldn't be better. I'll keep going for all my Thai food!

Been to Thailand Express? Share your experiences!